Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14404 Discussions

enable virtualization on intel core 2 duo t9300

idata
Employee

hello,

i am trying to enable virtualization on intel core 2 duo t9300, in my laptop but i cant find in bios.

Any help?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AJana1
Valued Contributor I

Hello r.zoe,

http://ark.intel.com/products/33917 Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T9300 (6M Cache, 2.50 GHz, 800 MHz FSB) Specifications

Please take a look at the above link, you can make sure this processor support feature, like Virtualisation. But that does not mean the your laptop would support Virtualisation for some reasons. So you'd better contact with the manufacturers of your laptop for further support, or would you please give more detail information about your laptop to anyone here who would show their faithful and help hands...

Best Regards,

Aaron Janagewen

idata
Employee

more details about my laptop :

acer aspire

windows 7 ulimate sp1 (64 bit)

intel core 2 duo t9300 2.5 ghz

4 gb ram

ati mobility randeon hd 3650

0 Kudos
AJana1
Valued Contributor I

Thank you for your replies, but would you please tell the detail model of your Acer Aspire laptop?

idata
Employee

acer aspire 5920g

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Download and run http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000005651.html Download the Intel® Processor Identification Utility

Check the middle tab, and see if "Intel Virtualization Technologies"=YES

Also, if there is no option in the bios to turn VT on, then there is no option to turn it on, It is either ON or OFF, and the manufacturer has decided to not provide a setting.

Doc

AJana1
Valued Contributor I

Hello, has Al Hill already solved your problem? If so, congratulations! If not, and you could not find any parameter to turn virtualisation feature on in SETUP/UEFI/BIOS, I think you computer could not support VT, even if it is present on that processor.

Best Regards,

Aaron Janagewenj

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

0 Kudos