Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Can't connect to HDMI receiver anymore

ABenH
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I'm having one nightmare of a month I must say.. Here's the thing:

For about a year I used to run my desktop pc on dual boot windows 10 (upgraded from 8.1) and Ubuntu.

My pc monitor is connected thru DVI, and my HDMI output connected to Denon avr 2307 receiver, and the receiver connected thru HDMI to a HD ready Panasonic plasma tv. All was great for a long time, till one day a few weeks ago... I couldn't get any signal to my receiver anymore.

I thought it might be a driver issue so I tried to update and that didn't work. for the last month I've been looking all around the net for a solution and tried all kinda things such as:

*Completely remove display adapter and then reinstall

*Update my BIOS to the latest

*Changed an HDMI cable

*Later on I decided to clean install Windows 8.1 - same thing

*Also looked here and tried some of the suggestions -

My setup is -

Intel HD Graphics 2500

Asus p8h77-M LE motherboard

Intel i3 U3220 processor

8GB RAM

Windows 8.1 64bit

Here are some of the weird symptoms I currently have:

1. If my pc monitor is connected thru DVI, when I plug in the HDMI to the receiver - pc monitor loses signal (black screen) and nothing goes to receiver

2. during startup, when my monitor is connect to digital output (DVI), I see a black screen (no signal) till Windows starts up

3. Both Windows and Ubuntu won't recognize the receiver

4. If I connect my laptop to the same HDMI cable to the receiver - it works fine

5. If I connect my pc directly to the tv - it works, I get image and sound on tv

6. SOMETIMES when the receiver is connected, but is in standby mode, windows recognizes the Denon receiver. but when turned on it disappears

So it's really hard to tell what is the problem, but the result is extremely annoying.

After talking to customer service and no solution, I decided to ask the community.

Any suggestions what is the problem and\or what should I do?

My guess that it related to display driver or perhaps chipset, but it's weird that it doesn't work in Ubuntu too.

Please help me end this long frustration..

Thanks!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello amitbh,

I want to check something from your description; "All was great for a long time, till one day a few weeks ago... I couldn't get any signal to my receiver anymore."

Do you know what could have caused it? Hardware or software change? An update?

Please provide the following report https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility, once you have the file attach it. To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
ABenH
Beginner

Well, I'm really not sure what was the cause, but I'm most definitely sure that it was NOT a hardware change.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

amitbh, I noticed that you have an older driver version, let's try updating it. See here for the latest Intel® HD Graphics; https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25977/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-33-?product=81501 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.33], and use this method for the installation http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html How to Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 &...

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
ABenH
Beginner

I did as requested and nothing changed.. see the SSU output file attached.

Something is weird about connecting two digital outputs - if my monitor is connected thru DVI, then whenever I connect a cable to the HDMI output, the signal on the monitor is lost. But this isn't the main issue over here. (whenever that happens I connect the monitor thru VGA).

Do you think there might be something related to the system reserved partition in the hard drive?

I mean, I had Windows 10 installed, and then I installed Windows 8.1, but for some reason, on the grub menu (along side Ubuntu) it says "Windows 10", instead of "WIndows 8\8.1".

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

"1. If my pc monitor is connected thru DVI, when I plug in the HDMI to the receiver - pc monitor loses signal (black screen) and nothing goes to receiver"

Was this issue always present? I mean before your set up stopped working.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
ABenH
Beginner

No, this only started happening after the set up stopped working.

Before that I connected my pc monitor thru DVI, and in the same time my receiver was connected thru HDMI and the TV got its signal from the receiver (also connected thru HDMI). With this set up I had 2 monitors working perfectly and the sound came from the receiver.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Based on all the information you have provided, this might be an issue related to your motherboard; since you were able to use the receiver in a different computer, and it worked. You have done all the possible troubleshooting steps in order to address this matter, including installing our latest drivers. So, the next step would be getting in contact with ASUS since it's possible you might need a motherboard replacement.

For testing purposes, can you use only the HDMI port? I mean connect your TV/monitor to the motherboard via HDMI, just those two. Let me know if you notice something strange.

I will keep an eye on your thread, so please once you get in contact with ASUS let me know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/message/434197 amitbh,

Were you able to contact Asus?

"For testing purposes, can you use only the HDMI port? I mean connect your TV/monitor to the motherboard via HDMI, just those two. Let me know if you notice something strange."

Did you follow my suggestion?

Let me know your findings.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
Tmann2
Beginner

i bought an Asrock Beebox-S 7200, it works with an Intel HD 620 Chipset. And it doesn't work with my HDMI Receiver Marantz SR7005. When i connect my TV directly to the Barebone it works, when i connect my Barebone to my HDMI-Receiver and the Receiver is connected to my TV, the signal is out of range. When i deactivate the Intel HD 620 driver (latest) everything is fine. How can I solve this Problem?

0 Kudos