Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

W8.1 / Intel HD Graphics got VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR problem

RFoX3
Beginner

Hello, guys.

I've got a big problem with my laptop, recently I cleaned up my programs and files, and also I've installed again the O.S.

After the O.S. installation complete, there I go add the drivers..

Everything works fine till install the 'onboard graphic driver', after this -> Blue screen of Win presenting something like 'VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR'.

Then I've tried lots of 'fixes', updated the DirectX and the drivers, looked in forums and nothing..

If I enter in safe mode and remove the driver, it works apparently good, but the graphics it's kind a little blur.

----------------------

Specifications:

notebook -> Avell titanium b154 se plus

Processor -> Intel i5 4200M

Memmory -> 8Gb

Onboard graphics -> Intel HD Graphics

'offboard' graphics -> Geforce 750M

OS -> Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro x64

----------------------

Sorry my bad english.

I hope someone could help me.

Thanks,

R.

3 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Ray

Try this.

Run Windows Update and install updates, reboot, run Windows Update again and repeat until there are not more updates to install. This should install all the necessary drivers for your system. Post back to this thread with your result.

Thanks

Robert

RFoX3
Beginner

Hello, Robert.

Thanks for the answer.

I tried what you said, but still the same problem.

I've got a Windows 7 x64 DVD with a friend, install and again ~blue screen~ now shows the message "driver power ...(failture or something)".

I hope someone has a solution

I'm getting worried about this...

R.

0 Kudos
BKlem
Beginner

Hello, RayTheFox,

I've been experiencing the very same problem on my HP EliteBook 840 G1 notebook. It all started when I've been using Win 7 x64 and the tech support had no answer for it. It continued after I upgraded to Win 8.1.

I did manage to solve it by using a fix on this page https://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2990029/en-us https://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2990029/en-us

I suggest you follow the procedure as explained in the "Workaround" section.

Please, let me know if it helped you, too.

Best regards,

Bostjan

0 Kudos