Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel 7260 Bluetooth still useless under Windows 8.1 – what is the plan?

LAnde11
Novice

I am running Windows 8.1 in my Intel NUC DN2820FYKH which is factory equipped with an AC 7260 Wireless & Bluetooth card. Windows and Intel drivers are up-to-date.

I have never been able to stream audio from my mobile phone to the NUC via Bluetooth. The service to do so is simply not available.

The reason behind this is clear, Muthu Kumar and joe_Intel on this forum have in multiple discussions stated: "A2DP SINK is not supported by Microsoft on Windows 8/8.1".

However, in multiple discussions on the Microsoft support forum it is stated:

"It's true that Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 supports the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) and Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) natively.

However, this holds only when the Bluetooth chip on the computer supports the same features."

A proof of this fact is that most of the other Bluetooth chip vendors seem to have managed to implement the full BT 4.0 service set

under Windows 8.1. I have myself positive experience from testing streaming from my mobile via the ASUS USB BT-400 (based on the Broadcom chip) in my NUC.

Now the question to Intel is: When will you fix this issue?

BR Lars

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Please allow us more time to check on this topic.

0 Kudos
LAnde11
Novice

Still waiting .....

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

The following article provides information about Bluetooth* profiles support.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-034935.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Supported Features of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® Technology

LAnde11
Novice

Thank you, but this reply did not answer my original question:

There is a functional gap between Intel AC 7260 and other Bluetooth chip vendors concerning support under Windows 8.1.

Competitors support A2DP SINK, and Intel does not. Is Intel planning to close that gap or not?

If Yes - when? If No - why?

0 Kudos