Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

HD 4600 - Screen Tearing/Flickering

QGhaz
Novice

Here's a video of the problem in Counter Strike Global Offensive

https://youtu.be/INIA8r8jwVQ CSGO Screen flickering - YouTube

The problem has also extended to other games lately (Like Multi Theft Auto)

Searching the internet lead me to nothing but finding more people like me with the same problem who have no clue how to fix it.

I am using HD 4600 with its latest drivers from intel. the trouble seems to be gone when I turn on vsync (not an option in a million years since it totally ruins my fps that merely hit 60)

and interestingly. what also seems to fix it is one of windows 10 popups like the one for music as shown in the video or just some windows 10 notification for only the time of its display period.

Trying to revert to some old Intel driver fixed the tearing but ruined the fps.

I think the solution to the problem is somewhere in this line

"And interestingly. what also seems to fix it is one of windows 10 popups like the one for music as shown in the video or just some windows 10 notification for only the time of its display period."

I hope that there's someone who has an answer on how to fix this. I really can't play my favorite games anymore..

I have attached a file containing system information that was generated by Intel System Support Utility

0 Kudos
6 Replies
QGhaz
Novice

Games also run fine in windowed mode

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello QuGhZx,

Thank you for bringing this matter to the Graphics community. My apologies for the inconvenience.

I would like to know which Intel® HD Graphics driver versions you have tested, please share the versions.

Have you tried using the computer manufacturer's driver http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_vga_intel_64_w10.zip http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_vga_intel_64_w10.zip?

When did the issue start?

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
QGhaz
Novice

Hello Amy

I attached a file containing the info of the driver I am using which is what I believe to be the latest for 4th gen Intel CPUs

The problem appeared like 3 months ago. but lately extended to other games. I am also using the latest version of windows with all updates installed.

Using my http://www.gigabyte.us/Motherboard/G1Sniper-Z97-rev-1x# support-dl manufacturer drivers did solve the problem but I think that's because they're from 26th of Fab. 2016. which is really old the problem did not exist back then.

I don't think that reverting to older versions is the ultimate solution though..

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/118014 QuGhZx, thank you for confirming this. I understand what you mentioned about the computer manufacturer's driver; however, since it's the customized driver for your model I recommend sticking with it. From my end the drivers are generic which they could work and at the same time can malfunction on third-party motherboard. The best option in this case is to use that version, my apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
RPrat
Beginner

What about people that don't have manufacturer's drivers?

I'm currently running a Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard from MSI and they don't provide their own version. I only have the option to use the stock intel drivers.

I've been having this issue since August, tried googling but nothing worked. Stuck to having applications run in windowed mode or BorderlessFullscreen

/Fullscreen with Vsync enabled. Without Vsync the problem occurs.

I've attached a log file from the Intel Support Utility.

EDIT: Apparently the manufacturer does indeed have drivers and it did indeed fix the problem. Oh well.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

TheSqueakyMonkey,

For us to further assist you and to help you with the specific problem, please create a new thread, make sure to add all the details in regard to your system. This way the next agent will have a better look at your specific scenario, you can add this thread as a reference but I recommend creating a new thread in order to isolate your case.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos