Items with no label
3335 Discussions

We're having problem with Realsense R200 in ROS.

ysung3
Beginner

Hi I'm Junior of Robot engineering

and try to solve the problem from using Realsense. please give me a hand

I'm using Linux & "ROS" with Realsense "R200" but when we are running 'realsense_ros_person" example by Intel Github

but we have some of problem

1. When we run "realsense_ros_person" it works but exceptionaly "realsense_ros_person_skeleton" which is main thing for us doesn't work . The problem is this, It can tracking person with yellow box but always get 6 skeleton joints of unknown type and 0 confidence published. how could I get correct "skeleton joint information"?

2. and we've been looked for realsense samples in ROS with R200 but It is hard because of lack of information even from Google, Intel. Could you give me a samples about skeleton?

It will be great ,if I get your answer. I really want to make my project work with Realsense!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Junior,

Thanks for reaching out.

I remembered some users reporting similar issues with the Skeleton tracking in the past. However, in those cases, they were using the Intel RealSense SDK R2. I would like to investigate a little bit more about your query and as soon as I have useful information I'll let you know.

Thanks for your patience during the meantime.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Currently there are several known issues with the R200 camera, including the Skeleton tracking feature. Unfortunately as the Windows SDK for the R200 camera is no longer supported, the known issues with the R200 camera are not going to be fixed.

I know you are not using the Windows SDK to develop your application, however the Skeleton tracking feature is not supported either.

You can keep using the R200 camera, however please consider that the current support is limited.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos