Intel® Optane™ Persistent Memory
Examine Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Persistent Memory
62 Discussions

How can I access to PMEP(Persistent Memroy Emulator Platform) from Intel?

CKang5
Beginner

To whom it concerns,

Hello, this is Chulho Kang, a master at Seoul National University, Republic of Korea.

I would like to experiment to see application trends in an asymmetrically configured memory environment in my server (2 socket Xeon E5-2658A v3, 4 x 16GB DDR4-2400, 2Rx4, 4 x 32GB DDR4-2400, 2Rx4)

In the meantime, I read paper (System Software for Persistent Memory,Intel Labs,Intel Corp) that used PM Emulation Platform(PMEP).

So, The PMEP used in this paper is expected to be of great help in my research.

I googled intensively about that, but I couldn't found the information of the PMEP.

Is it something that the public can get access to?

Best regards,

- Chulho Kang

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi kbright0912,

Please check your private message. Let us know if you need anything else.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
IKolo2
Beginner

Hello,

my name is Iacovos Kolokasis and I am a graduate student at the Computer Science Department of the University of Crete. and I am a research student in the Computer Architecture and VLSI (CARV) Laboratory of the Institute of Computer Science (ICS) of the Foundation for Research and Technology Hellas (FORTH). 

I am exploring the use of on-heap, off-heap and storage address spaces in Apache Spark considering optimizations related to each approach. Also we are interested to understand which aspects (byte addressability, performance, etc.) of Persistent Memory have the

largest impact on big data analytics frameworks applications and what are the new challenges.

I recently read about the Persistent Memory Emulation Platform (PMEP) and I wonder how can I have access to the PMEP ?

It would be very helpful for my research to have access in this platform

I am looking forward for your reply,

-- Iacovos Kolokasis

0 Kudos
AKhor4
Beginner

Hello,

I have the same question about the Persistent Memory Emulation Platform (PMEP).

I am Ana Khorguani, master student in University Grenoble Alpes, doing research internship. My topic is about Non-Volatile Memory.

In the article: "System Software for Persistent Memory" I found about pmem. After searching more I read that: "PMEP is developed by Intel with special hardware and firmware. The platform is located at Intel and we use ssh to remote access it. You have to contact Intel to get access to it."

Having access to this platform would be a great help.

Is there any chance it is possible?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
IKolo2
Beginner

Hello Ana,

nobody replied to me yet. I am looking how can I contact with Intel for my request.

Thanks,

--Iacovos

0 Kudos
AKhor4
Beginner

Hello,

ok thank you for responding. In case you manage, please let me know.

I will try to find more information and share it. And hopefully they will respond us as well.

0 Kudos