Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Realsense R200 EnhanceDepth on Linux cpp

MPele
Beginner

Hi and thanks.

I find the realsense series quite fascinating and think it's going to be a game changer... :-)

I'm playing around with my R200 camera, and sampling depth frames.

Used the "headless", " "cpp-tutorial-1-depth" and "app-tutorial-2-streams" as start.

I'm able to capture color frames and depth frames, translate depth data to an array of real world distances and it's great.

But... I wonder if I can use EnhanceDepth util function in the qt environment or should I develope it myself (using these techniques for example: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/perceptual-computing-depth-data-techniques PERCEPTUAL COMPUTING: Depth Data Techniques | Intel® Software ).

Thanks!

Empi

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I believe EnhanceDepth is part of a feature set called Enhanced Photography that was originally designed for RealSense-equipped tablets from around 2015 that had both a front-facing webcam and rear-facing RGB camera. I have heard of cases where the mode was able to be used on laptops, likely because they often have an RGB webcam built in, and so that cam can simulate those old RealSense tablets by acting as the front camera whilst the R200 acts as the rear camera.

The Perceptual Computing page that you linked to is for the 2013 Perceptual Computing Camera, the direct predecessor of the original F200 RealSense camera that was first released in 2014. So whilst some of the basic principles in that article may be applicable to RealSense, the scripts are not.

This article describes how to use RealSense R200 with QT Creator and Librealsense to create a 'point cloud', a kind of depth scan that is useful if conventional depth scans have too much noise or other problems.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-librealsense-and-pcl-to-create-point-cloud-data# qtcreator Use LibRealSense and Point Cloud Library (PCL) to Create Point Cloud Data | Intel® Software

0 Kudos