Items with no label
3335 Discussions

R200 infrared2 Stream black

AHart6
Beginner

Im using the R200 on Xubuntu 16.04LTS.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100T CPU @ 3.20GHz

GPU: NVidia Geforce GTX 1050Ti

I'm trying to get the output of all 4 Streams (RBG, Depth, Infrared 1/2). Very similar to the example cpp-tutorial-2-streams.

All of the Streams work fine, but the Infrared2 stays black.

In the Config-UI example the Stream shows as running and it counts the frames exactly the same as in Infrared.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Your processor is a late 2015 release, so that looks fine for use with a R200. I don't see there being any problem there.

As you are using Ubuntu and quote a Librealsense sample name, I'm guessing you are using the open-source Librealsense rather than the official RealSense SDK? Intel does not provide official tech support for Librealsense, though unofficially it is in favor of it, so it may be difficult to get an answer to your problem on this forum. Nevertheless, I will have a look at the problem.

Apparently, others have experienced this issue with infrared2 not working too in Ubuntu 16.04. One person suggested " re-running the patch script (noting if anything fails, and remembering to sudo modprobe uvcvideo after)."

It also seems to be an issue that occurs or does not occur depending on the machine you are using - users found that the camera was fine on some machines but did not show infrared2 on other machines. this was believed to be related to the particular USB 3.0 chipset that each machine uses.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Dragontoth,

Do you have any more questions? Please let me know in order to assist you.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose

0 Kudos
AHart6
Beginner

Never figured out what the problem was, probably was the patch. I decided to reinstall completly, following the instruction on Git slowly step by step.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi DanMadill,

We are here to help! If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose
0 Kudos