Items with no label
3335 Discussions

SR300 3D Segmentation question

Annapurna_K_Intel

Is the depth for 3DSeg configurable? Looks like it uses pre-configured depth and segments the image based on that. I did segmentation of objects manually using depth with R200 camera and was wondering if i can get better results using 3DSeg in SR300.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Annapurna,

Thank you for contacting us.

I've been investigating and looking at the available documentation and while I found some statements about resolution change for the 3D Segmentation feature, all seemed to be related to the color resolution and not the depth. Then, looking at the PDF files for the SDK R3 I found that there's only one available depth resolution (640 x 480), there are many more for color but not for depth. You can check this on the sdkdevguide PDF.

Regards,

-Pablo
0 Kudos
Annapurna_K_Intel

Sorry if I was not clear on the question. My question was not on depth resolution but on the 3DSeg algorithm. The function call AcquireSegmentedImage() returns a segmented image. I was wondering if it is using depth to create this segmented image (subtracting background), is this depth that it is using to create the segmented image configurable?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Annapurna,

Thank you for your detailed explanation. We would like to investigate this a little bit more, we'll contact you as soon as we have a more accurate answer on this matter. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

-Pablo
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Annapurna,

It seems like the only property that can be set/changed in the Seg3D module is FrameSkipInterval – check it from here https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v2016r3/documentation/html/index.html?setframeskipinterval_pxc3dseg.html https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v2016r3/documentation/html/index.html?setframeskipinterval_pxc3dseg.html. But there is no other configuration possible. Also, keep in mind that the SR300 camera is the best camera to use for user segmentation.

Kind regards,

-Pablo
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Annapurna,

Do you need any more help on this case?

Pablo
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

According to the SDK R3 documentation using background segmentation, multiple color resolutions are supported. I have ran the Seg3D.cs sample and as you have mentioned, I can set different color resolutions, in this case I recommend you to take a look at the source code of this sample in order to know how it is done and take that as a reference for your own code.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I've encountered a couple of issues while I was working with Seg3D module:

1) I tried to set the resolution the same way the sample c# program does but the camera becomes unavailable. ( or in some case, I have errors.)

2) Even c# program is not working all the time with higher resolutions. I set a higher resolution from 'profile' menu and then click on 'start', the camera goes unavailable. The thing is that I was able to change it in the c# program but now I'm not able to do it anymore at all. I don't know if this is an issue with my camera or the module, but the whole thing is acting so strange. Has anyone encountered this kind of behaviours?

by the way I am using SR300.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

It is strange, I have ran the C# sample setting the color resolution to 1280x720, and I have not encountered that behavior. Could you please post the exact errors you have gotten? Have you encountered that behavior using the C# sample with lower color resolutions?

I'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The errors that I referred to were all in Unity and I've found a way to solve them. However, I still cannot run C# sample with higher resolution( specifically 1280x720). My question now is that has there been anyone able to get higher resolution sample from Seg3D module?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Great to know you have solved your issue in Unity. In my case, I'm able to run the sample using 1280x720 color resolution without any issues. However, I'll investigate a little bit more about your issue, and I'll let you know as soon as I have useful information.

I'll appreciate your patience during the meantime.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos