cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

600P will not boot with ASrock z270 extreme 4

NPinn
New Contributor

I am building a PC with i7 7700, AS Rock Z270 Extreme 4, 600p 512GB , DVD and Win10 on USB.

The Bios recognizes the 600p and the DVD drive. When I put the ASrock DVD in to recognize the Win10 stick in the USB drive, it comes up with the error "illegal partition table -drive 01 sector 0". After which it then states that "This model is not supported".

I can boot the PC with an old hard drive and windows recognizes the 600p,it can format and store data on it.So the hardware seems to work and windows can operate the 600p but the BIOS can't.

I have found that the 600p is not on the Motherboards list of supported M2 SSD devices. Is there a way of getting it to boot with the 600p or have I wasted my money?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Neil.Pinnington,

We understand you are building a new PC and would like to boot to Windows® 10 from your Intel® SSD 600p Series.While we do provide two compatibility lists (tested, and supported) for the 600p Series, these are not meant to be "all inclusive." While we provide this information for customer convenience, hardware validation is the responsibility of the respective motherboard manufacturer.I have reviewed the http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z270%20Extreme4/# Storage Storage Qualified Vendors List (QVL) provided by ASRock* for your motherboard. This list shows the Intel® SSD 600p Series 256GB and 512GB models as supported. They also note that your board supports NVMe* SSDs as boot drives. Windows® 10 offers native NVMe* Storage support. Between that and the information on your motherboard manufacturer's website, you should not be experiencing any such issues while installing Windows* on the 600p. Our recommendation, in this case, will be to contact your board manufacturer to make sure your BIOS is set up correctly to boot from an NVMe* drive. You may also need to make sure you're using the most updated BIOS version available.NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there.Best regards,Carlos A.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Neil.Pinnington,

We understand you are building a new PC and would like to boot to Windows® 10 from your Intel® SSD 600p Series.While we do provide two compatibility lists (tested, and supported) for the 600p Series, these are not meant to be "all inclusive." While we provide this information for customer convenience, hardware validation is the responsibility of the respective motherboard manufacturer.I have reviewed the http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z270%20Extreme4/# Storage Storage Qualified Vendors List (QVL) provided by ASRock* for your motherboard. This list shows the Intel® SSD 600p Series 256GB and 512GB models as supported. They also note that your board supports NVMe* SSDs as boot drives. Windows® 10 offers native NVMe* Storage support. Between that and the information on your motherboard manufacturer's website, you should not be experiencing any such issues while installing Windows* on the 600p. Our recommendation, in this case, will be to contact your board manufacturer to make sure your BIOS is set up correctly to boot from an NVMe* drive. You may also need to make sure you're using the most updated BIOS version available.NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there.Best regards,Carlos A.

NPinn
New Contributor

Thanks for that. The problem turned out to be an issue with the Window 10 Stick. Works fine now. 😉

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Neil.Pinnington,

We're glad to hear that your issue has been resolved.If you have any further questions, just let us know.Best Regards,Carlos A.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi there have the same issue with an Aorus Z270x Gaming 5 Motherboard.

The pc worked for a few days then it says itcannot find bootable medie.

I just emailed intel support.. Here is my email i sent bvelow.....

Sent 29/01/17

Good day to you,

I have purchased an Intel 600p m2 ssd.

I keep having failures.

When I boot up the pc It says install proper boot media.

I have windows 10 pro installed in a brand new build pc.

Specs are as follows

I5 6600k

Aorus Z270x gaming 5 mobo

Gigabyte g1 gaming gtx 1070

16gb corsair pc3200mhz ram

Intel 600p 512gb m2 sad

Kingston hyperX 120gb sad storage drive.

The bios sees both drives but will not boot from the intel drive on occasions.

I think there maybe an issue with it

I have taken it out checked all connections and put it back in the case.

I used to bulld Pc's for a job so I am comfortable in my skills and it has been installed correctly.

Here is what happened, I turned the pc off to go out.

On my return. It wont boot from the ssd.

I can go to the bios I can see both drives but it will not boot to windows 10.

Attached is my box and serial Numbers for the product.

Please can someone assist me.

I am in kuala Lumpur Malaysia. Also I just came out of hospital from a foot operation so getting about is pretty hard at the moment.

Please could someone contact me as I am not sure how to fix this.

End of email.

I have the latest drivers and bios installed from Aorus after contacting them about this so I can only assume its the SSD.

Can someone help me??

Regards

Oli