Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Are three independent displays supported already with HD Graphics 630?

THirs
Beginner

Hello!

I'm running an Intel Core i7-7700T with HD Graphics 630 on an Asus ROG Strix H270F Gaming motherboard.

OS is Windows 10 Pro (10.0.14393), Intel driver is 21.20.16.4565.

I want to use three displays with the HD Graphics 630, but can't get them to work. Motherboard specifications say three displays are supported simultaneously, ports provided by the board are DVI, HDMI and DP.

Intel 3 Displays FAQ (http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005556.html Frequently Asked Questions about 3 Displays Configuration ) mentions HD Graphics 615/620, but not 630.

Are three independent displays supported already with HD Graphics 630 or do I have to wait for a new driver still to come?

My displays are:

DVI: HP LP2065

HDMI: Wacom Cintiq 12WX

DP: Acer AL1714 (via DP to DVI cable)

After booting Windows only the DVI display is active, Windows PC settings don't detect any other display, Intel Graphics settings do detect the additional HDMI display, but not the DP display, and after rebooting it's the same again with only DVI being active.

Every display is working fine as long as it is the only display connected, so the ports are all working.

The displays are working fine simultaneously using an old AMD Radeon card, so BIOS settings or Windows should not be at fault here.

Any ideas?

Thanks for reading.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

This is your processor: http://ark.intel.com/products/97122/Intel-Core-i7-7700T-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3_80-GHz Intel® Core™ i7-7700T Processor (8M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz) Specifications

3 displays are supported.

Unless there is a driver issue, or motherboard/bios issue, you should not have any problems supporting 3 displays.

I would check with ASUS for the latest driver and confirm that there are no bios settings needed.

Also, this condition is without the AMD card, correct?

Doc

0 Kudos
THirs
Beginner

Thanks for answering!

The condition is without the AMD card, the card is only a workaround which gets the displays working for now, but the plan is to use the processor GPU. As a side effect the card proves that Windows is able to handle the displays without a problem, and since the DVI display is still connected to the motherboard, the card also proves that the motherboard at least doesn't block multiple displays in general (there's a BIOS option for multiple displays, I enabled that when I started up the motherboard for the first time).

Forgot to mention: I flashed the latest BIOS before everything else.

Asus provides Intel driver build 4551 as the latest, which didn't help, so I installed build 4565 available from HP because it at least explicitly supports HD Graphics 630, which was worth a shot but doesn't help either. I will uninstall the AMD driver again and try the older Intel build 4526 provided by Asus when I have more time for testing.

My guess at the moment is either the current Intel three displays documentation wrongfully doesn't mention the HD Graphics 630, or the available drivers don't support the feature for HD Graphics 630 yet. I'm hoping for Intel to either confirm three displays should work with an available driver build (in which case I would have to contact Asus), or the current documentation is right meaning it doesn't work for now and will be implemented in a future driver build (in which case I simply would have to wait). My guess might be wrong, of course, but I thought getting a "Yes, should work" or "No, not yet" from Intel here would be the easier first try than to go through motherboard tech support flowcharts 🙂 ...

We'll see (hopefully).

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Well, it is a new processor, so the documentation needs to catch up.

I would remove the HP driver. Drivers provided by OEMs may be modified for specific purposes on their hardware.

I would also contact ASUS and ask them to verify support of 3 displays using their driver on their hardware.

One of the Intel support staff may be able to verify the latest driver for HD graphics 630.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

In regard to your inquiry, the documentation on ark.intel.com shows that this is supported. I will need to confirm this issue since we are still waiting for new drivers for this new generation graphics.

I will update this thread as soon as I get news about this matter.

Allan.

0 Kudos
THirs
Beginner

Thanks again, Al.

I marked your answer as the correct one because it is correct that the Intel three displays FAQ (http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005556.html Frequently Asked Questions about 3 Displays Configuration) needs to catch up at this point.

Three displays work with the HD Graphics 630 and my Asus motherboard supporting this feature.

I reconnected the displays to the motherboard again, got rid of the workaround AMD card, got in the mood for some lengthy testing ... but then it simply worked without me doing anything else.

Everything is back in the state as it was when it was not working, except it now works, consistently, I didn't even get to uninstall the AMD drivers at first, as it worked at the first boot after removing the card. I uninstalled the AMD drivers now, and it still works. I can switch the displays connected to DVI and DP, and it still works. And I'm still using the 4565 driver build from HP.

Since I disconnected and reconnected the cables without success before when I was testing the ports and displays solo, using the AMD card as a workaround actually must have done some trick. That's not the kind of solution I had in mind, but ... whatever works 🙂 .

Bye!

0 Kudos
THirs
Beginner

Thanks for answering and looking into this, Allan.

I got it to work, I guess the most pressing matter now would be updating the three displays FAQ at http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005556.html Frequently Asked Questions about 3 Displays Configuration so people with HD Graphics 630 having some kind of problem can at least safely assume the feature should work at all.

Bye!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It is nice to hear this is working for you. Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I understand the FAQ requires an update. I am forwarding this information to the appropriate team.

Allan.
0 Kudos