Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14400 Discussions

Random reboot, could be my Intel PLCSF8 (U3E1)?

MBuon1
Beginner

Hello, I'm new on this forum and I think this is the right place to post this. btw sorry for my bad english.

Sometimes my laptop Toshiba satellite c850 with an Intel PLCSF8 (U3E1) randomly reboots with no BSOD or errors. There are no Heat Issues or new hardware (Is a laptop)..

No viruses and malwares, I've tried for 10+ hours Memtest and still no Errors..

Info from Speccy:

ModelPLCSF8 (U3E1)VersionType2 - Board VersionChipset VendorIntelChipset ModelSandy BridgeChipset Revision09Southbridge VendorIntelSouthbridge ModelHM76Southbridge Revision04BIOSBrandInsyde Corp.Version6.30Date05/12/2012

DXDIAG:

Time of this report: 1/30/2017, 21:45:13

Language: Italian (Regional Setting: Italian)

System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA

System Model: SATELLITE C850-1LJ

BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.72.306.30

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2348M CPU @ 2.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz

Idk what to do.. tomorrow i'll try to reinstall windows (I hope that is just windows that keeps doing this)

When I bought this laptop it was with Win8.1 but sometimes was really slow so i've installed win7

0 Kudos
12 Replies
MBuon1
Beginner

bump

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello WhoGotGotAndWhoGotShot,

I tried to find drivers for this model from Toshiba's site, but I was unable to find them. Re-installing the operating system is fact a good option in your case, so once you do that make sure to get all the drivers for your computer from Toshiba.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MBuon1
Beginner

Hello Amy and thank you for your answer.

I have reinstalled Windows but the issues is still there. Could be the power supply? I know that on a laptop when the Power supply is disconnected from the laptop it doesn't turn off because of the battery.. but, could it be?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Well, it's possible. But just to confirm; does your computer restart when is connected to the power supply?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MBuon1
Beginner

Yeah, I had always my laptop connected with the power supply. Yesterday i've tried to do a normal cycle of charges, At 11pm when i was charging it (And using it), happened two times..

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Now that you confirmed this behavior, it is likely that this is a power issue. Is there any chance you test a different power supply and test a different battery?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MBuon1
Beginner

Next week i'll buy a new power supply for a test. Is possible to keep this topic open in case of new issues?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure, I will keep it open.

Keep me posted.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/110735 WhoGotGotAndWhoGotShot, were you able to test the power supply?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
AGreg3
Beginner

See the following discussion on OSRONLINE:

https://www.osronline.com/showthread.cfm%3Flink%3D271926 OSR's ntdev List: Memory Corruption Mystery: Any Ideas?

Check if disabling display low power fixes the random reboots.

0 Kudos
MBuon1
Beginner

I'm sorry for NECRO posting, but I was so busy that I forgot about this thread.

I managed to change my power supply with a new one. It fixed my problem for 1 months. Now is rare that my pc turn off but is not a problem. (1 time every 2 - 3 weeks vs 6-7 times a day )

Also I used a tools and i Found this error everytime my pc shuts down:

Error kernel-power id 41. Idk what's but could be useful
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/110735 WhoGotGotAndWhoGotShot, I am glad to hear that the power supply fixed the issue. Thank you for letting us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos