Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Graphics control panel problems

idata
Employee

My tax program was working fine and filling my entire screen. I use 2 monitors and was trying to adjust the 2nd one with the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel program and mistakenly clicked on something for the 1st monitor where my tax program was displayed. I can't remember what I clicked on, but now the tax program fills only about 1/2 of my monitor - centered, but 5 inch dark spaces on both the left and right of the page displayed. I thought, but am not positive it had something to do with checking the "maintain display scaling" option, but I am unable to uncheck it for some reason. Excel, Word and all other apps fit the entire screen; it's only this tax program that doesn't now. The only way I can get it to fill the entire screen now is to change the resolution from 1920 X 1080, which is what it was set at prior to the problem, to 1024 X 78 which makes all other apps huge. Any ideas what setting can be reversed to get me back to normal? Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Monitorme,

Try loading the default values in your Intel® HD Graphics control panel, Ctrl+Alt+F8 should do it.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I tried control/alt/f8 as you said. It left me with only one monitor, the other one, so I went to extended desktop to get both monitors working, but the tax program is still only using 1/3 of my screen. Thanks for trying, but that did not work. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Are these the steps you are following to extended your desktop;

In desktop mode, right-click the Desktop and select Graphics Properties.

Click Display > Multiple Displays.

Select extended desktop mode and click apply.

Try this too; go to "3D", then select "General Settings > Custom Settings", proceed to select either "Use Application Settings" or "On".

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/110738 Monitorme, were you able to follow my suggestion? What happened?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Would like to tag onto this thread regarding the control alt f8 problem. Accidentally hit this combination and lost my main screen of three. Have to shut the other two displays off to use the main one. Have a NUC with the 580 card. Have tried all the suggestions on web as to how to undo this with no success. Is there an way to undo this so I can use all three monitors? If I do a reinstall of Windows 10 would this solve the problem or is it embedded in the graphics card somehow so that I would have the same problem after Windows reinstall?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello rs100,

For us to further assist you and to help you with the specific problem, please create a new thread, make sure to add all the details in regard to your system. This way the next agent will have a better look at your specific scenario, you can add this thread as a reference but I recommend creating a new thread in order to isolate your case.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Amy,

Thanks for quick response. I have started a new thread on this.

Richard

0 Kudos