Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20497 Discussions

ASUS Zenbook UX301LAA ~ Windows 10 w/ Intel Iris 5100 - BSOD / Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error

ACasp1
Beginner

I just updated to Windows 10 on my ASUS Zenbook UX301LAA and everything went smoothly except there appears to be a wide spread Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error upon resuming the computer from sleep. It appears to be an issue with the intel graphics driver. I assume I just have to wait for Intel to send out an updated driver?

- I have tried using Windows Update to get the driver and installing the one from the Download Center on intel.com

- The current Intel driver version is 10.18.15.4256

Anyone else having this problem? Know how to fix?

Also besides Windows Defender updates, I have only received two Windows update patches since the 29th, anyone receiving more? I would expect dozens to be sent out every day.

Message was edited by: Adam Casper

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JDoya
Novice

You're basically screwed like me

You have ot effectively downgrade the driver. Uninstall the Windows 10 driver, then download the old Asus Intel drivers instead. That will prevent the system from crashing.

The problem is more serious because Windows will automatically update the drivers. The only way to Defer that is to disable windows updates entirely so it doesn't obliterate your drivers and cause the issue again. Go to your "Advanced Windows Update" settings and check the "Defer UPdates" box. This only defers 'optional' updates like driver updates. Critical updates still go to your system no matter what

There's no real updates for Win10 right now. There's talk that a large bugfix update is coming this or next week though. For now its daily MS Defender updates

0 Kudos
ACasp1
Beginner

I might just have to do that...I called Microsoft and ASUS about it today.....neither gave a fix for the time being, but more importantly that acknowledged that this is an issue.

Hopefully Intel send out an updated driver soon.

I'm surprised they are waiting to release some fixes as they were just boasting about 14 million computers being updated.....surely many people are in need of the bug fixes now. I would release them in smaller chucks - as soon as they're done - rather than what and do it all at once.

0 Kudos
Filip_Z_Intel
Employee

Can You please post here Your DxDiag report?

0 Kudos
JDoya
Novice

Is there any update on this? I'm still crashing hard becaues windows10 refuses to NOT install updates

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

New graphics driver updates for Windows 10 will be posted at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Intel® Download Center as they become available.

Allan.

0 Kudos
AWhit14
Beginner

Same issue on ASUS X550LNV-XO232H (Intel HD Graphics 4400, Windows 10, latest driver version)

0 Kudos
JLind9
Beginner

After searching around other forums, I finally found a solution for this. You simply go to the BIOS and change the shared video memory to 128 MB. The laptop now recovers from sleep mode with no problems. I don't think it will do well when playing games, but we'll just have to wait untill intel releases new drivers.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

All:

This information is intended to all Windows 10 users that are experiencing issues with a supported Intel® Graphics Controller (http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm supported graphics)

/message/321854# 321854 Re: -NEW- Intel® Iris™, Iris™ Pro, and HD Graphics Production Driver for Windows* 10 64-bit 15.40.4.64.4256

See post # 93

Allan.

0 Kudos