Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

intel graphics not working after windows 10 upgrade

NHass4
Beginner

Hi..

I am using Dell inspiron N4050 laptop. Recently i have upgraded my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10. After the upgrade i was unable to get screen resolution for 1399x768.

the driver display installed shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. i tried to install Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 which was the display before the upgrade. but after install still device manager shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. I run the windows update and through windows update, the driver shows successfully installed but still device manager shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapter installed. I cant get the resolution for 1366x768.

please someone help me..

below is the system details and driver details from Dxdiag.

Time of this report: 8/2/2015, 20:54:37

Machine name: SOFTWARE-UPDATE

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 32-bit (10.0, Build 10240) (10240.th1_st1.150717-1719)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Inspiron N4050

BIOS: BIOS Date: 03/23/12 14:05:23 Ver: 04.06.04

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 3494MB RAM

Page File: 2732MB used, 4344MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: 11.2

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown

Miracast: Not Available

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported

DxDiag Version: 10.00.10240.16384 32bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 2: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)

DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)

DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type:

DAC type:

Device Type: Display-Only Device

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0126&SUBSYS_05021028&REV_09

Display Memory: 1746 MB

Dedicated Memory: 0 MB

Shared Memory: 1746 MB

Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (64Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic Non-PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: unknown

Monitor Id:

Native Mode: unknown

Output Type: Internal

Driver Name:

Driver File Version: ()

Driver Version:

DDI Version: 11.2

Feature Levels: 11.1,11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1

Driver Model: WDDM 1.3

Graphics Preemption: DMA

Compute Preemption: DMA

Miracast: Not Supported

Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Supported

Power P-states: Not Supported

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: , 0 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: n/a

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a.

please someone help....

0 Kudos
19 Replies
NHass4
Beginner

Can someone help please

0 Kudos
JKent
Novice

I had the same problem with Intel HD 4600.

1) Intel just came out with updated drivers (in the last couple of days). Supposed to be compatible with Windows 10.

2) Are you using a docking station? I fixed my resolution problem by undocking, connecting directly to an external monitor, updating my driver, rebooting. After replacing the laptop in the docking station I had to reboot once again to get the docking station firmware to recognize the new driver and settings.

I'm responding to you on a monitor with a resolution of 1920x1080. It only took four days.

JK

0 Kudos
NHass4
Beginner

i am not using any docking station...:(

0 Kudos
JTabl
Beginner

Apparently, Intel released a production driver just before the W10 release. Though it only supports select processors. The problem is, those using intel hd graphics 2000/3000 are still left with the beta (which in my case, I still cannot install it). Anyone who knows any workaround here? Or anyone who can upload this beta driver?

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I have been checking the list for supported operating systems on Intel® HD Graphics 3000 and windows 10 does not appear to be supported.

See here: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm Graphics Drivers — Supported Operating Systems

In other words, Intel will not release compatible drivers for windows 10 with an Intel® HD Graphics 3000.

Allan.

0 Kudos
JTabl
Beginner

"Will not", or just still hasn't? =(((

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

There is no support for Windows 10 under Intel® HD Graphics 3000 as stated on the URL I pasted on post # 7.

Allan.

0 Kudos
NHass4
Beginner

so what can i do? i cannot watch vedio ans cannot view web pages..can u recomend a solution for this..at least recomend a driver for that i can use

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

You need to go back to a supported operating system. You probably need to reinstall windows 7 or Windows 8. I cannot recommend drivers for your current operating system because Intel does not have compatible drivers for it.

Allan.

0 Kudos
NHass4
Beginner
0 Kudos
NHass4
Beginner

thank you Allen..do u think that they will come up with a supported driver in near future?

0 Kudos
MSAS
Beginner

Hi Friends... i have 2 win in my inspiron... win7 64,win10 64 +Remix OS

Naval... you can install win10 and update all your laptop drivers with driverpack solution

(except : amd 7400! you need to install manual)

this laptop can working better than win 7 ! hhmmm.... after update with driver pack if you any problem with drivers(maybe usb host controller) you can update your drivers with IObit driver booster

and...................... dont update alps touchpad with driver booster

download link for drp solution:

http://getintopc.com/softwares/drivers-softwares/driverpack-solution-17-4-5-final-2016-iso-free-download/ DriverPack Solution 17.4.5 Final 2016 ISO Free Download

http://dl2.soft98.ir/driver/DriverPack.Solution.17.7.4.html DriverPack Solution 17.7.4 Final :>>> this is iranian website

download once and go to win 10 without any problem
0 Kudos
JTabl
Beginner

Same problem After upgrading to Windows 10, the first thing I noticed after the first boot was that my resolution was somewhat cranked up. I checked the Display Settings and I found out that I'm only limited to 1024x768 resolution (as opposed to the original 1366x768). I checked my Display Adapter, and there I found out that my driver was replaced by Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. I tried updating through Windows Update (as there was an update to Intel HD Graphics somehow), but everytime I do the update, my pc just reboots onto the Boot logo, then restarts. I also tried booting into safe mode, installing the update manually through the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\Install, and the installation operation completes. The driver in place in the device manager is now the Intel HD Graphics. The thing about that is, I cannot boot into the system anymore. After the boot logo, it will then restart and so I'm stuck with reverting back to Microsoft Display Basic Adapter so I can use my laptop. I tried searching for the driver, but the intel site

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25027/Intel-Iris-Iris-Pro-and-HD-Graphics-Beta-Driver-for-Windows-10 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25027/Intel-Iris-Iris-Pro-and-HD-Graphics-Beta-Driver-for-Windows-10 says it's only available through Windows Update. I don't know what to do anymore, I've been dealing with this for days. Help? =((

0 Kudos
JTabl
Beginner

Another thing, I also tried uninstalling the display driver during safe mode (as everytime I do something about it during normal boot, my laptop reboots automatically), tried rebooting, tried checking Windows Update, and the I found that I don't have the update for the graphics in WinUp. And now I really don't know what to do.

0 Kudos
asaga2
Beginner

liunx is your friends

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

All:

This information is intended to all Windows 10 users that are experiencing issues with a supported Intel® Graphics Controller (http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm supported graphics)

/message/321854# 321854 Re: -NEW- Intel® Iris™, Iris™ Pro, and HD Graphics Production Driver for Windows* 10 64-bit 15.40.4.64.4256

See post # 93

Allan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I had the same problem with Intel HD 4600.I fixed my resolution problem by undocking, connecting directly to an external monitor, updating my driver, rebooting. After replacing the laptop in the docking station I had to reboot once again to get the docking station firmware to recognize the new driver and settings.

Thanks

http://qwikfix.co.uk/hmrc-contact-number/ HMRC

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for your feedback. I am sure this will help others on this community.

Allan.

0 Kudos
VGuan
Beginner

Hi Naval. As co-user of Dell N4050 laptop how it it now? Is it already in W10? I had the same problem too.

some people might have already solved this.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/10374-black-screen-when-booting-my-laptop-after-upgrading-windows-10-a.html Windows 10 Forums

0 Kudos