Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Windows 10 Graphics Driver Issue

MSowd
Beginner

I've got an Acer Travelmate 64-bit laptop, with Intel Pentium B960 2.20GHz processor and integrated Intel graphics.

Since the upgrade to Windows 10, it has defaulted to "Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor".

The driver package listed for this type of set up and OS does not include the above processor in the listing and "does not meet the mimimum requirements" when I try to install it.

Any ideas on a fix for this as I have a very unhappy nine year old who can't play Minecraft at the moment!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

You are currently running an Intel® HD Graphics based on second generation graphics. According to the list of supported operating systems, your graphics controller is not supported on Windows 10.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm Graphics Drivers — Supported Operating Systems

I recommend going back to your previous operating system with full graphics support.

Allan.

BBull2
Beginner

Intel is actually wrong, I had the same problem, same processor even.

Go in Device Manager, through your computer's properties. Now, Intel Graphics has defaulted to 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter'. Click on it, click 'Update Drivers', let the computer search for drivers and it should be fixed. Everything will be smooth. Don't revert back. W10 is waaaaaaaay better.

MSowd
Beginner

The Windows Update thing doesn't work for me as I think the current Windows 10 driver doesn't support the Pentium processor the laptop has (it's too old I think). But good news - I've downloaded the Windows 8.1 driver for my processor and so far it's working perfectly. More importantly, Minecraft is working again!

0 Kudos