Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Not able to update Intel HD4600 graphics drivers

kmoha4
Beginner

Hi,

I bought Netgear Push2TV PTV3000 adapter and connected to Samsung Smart 3D TV 7 series. I have Asus N550JV laptop Windows 8.1 64-bit with i7 processor 4600 HD Graphics with WIDI. When i start Widi by going to "Devices>project>add wireless display>enter code displayed on TV",

after entering the code laptop keeps on searching for few seconds then i get following error "Something went wrong your display could not

connect" Thinking there might be problem with graphics or widi drivers i reinstalled graphics and widi but it dint help. Then I used the

Intel update driver utility to check the latest Intel graphics drivers and i got the result after scanning as shown below

Graphics Driver (Newer Driver Available)

Product Detected Intel® HD Graphics 4600

Current Driver Installed 10.18.10.3308

Newer Driver Available: 15.33.8.64.3345 (10.18.10.3345)

Download Now

File Size: 138 MB

After downloading when i try to install the latest graphics drivers "15.33.8.64.3345" it says "The driver being installed is not validated

for this computer, please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer". I have installed/re-installed widi remote verion

1.0.0.0 recommended for Windows 8.1 and old graphics drivers 10.18.10.3308 many times but nothing is working at the end same errors. It is

strange that I can detect and connect to my Netgear PTV3000 adapter from the charm menu and the connection with the PIN code is also

successful. Then i get error "Something went wrong your display could not connect" when i went to ASUS support website there i can see

ASUS N550JV supports only graphics drivers version 10.18.10.3308 which is installed now may be therefore new versions of graphics drivers

are not working.

What is the solution? I have attached a pic showing errors and Laptop specification. Can any one please help me.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I am sorry to hear that have had problems installing the latest video drivers.

That message indicates that your computer manufacturer does not allow the installation of generic Intel video drives. You are required to install drivers from your computer manufacturer.

You may try to force the installation of Intel generic drivers by performing manual procedure, see here for instructions:

http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm

Select your operating system version and download the zip version of the video driver:

File name: Win64_15338.zip

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208.1%2C%2064-bit*&DownloadType=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09Drivers%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09

Allan.

0 Kudos
kmoha4
Beginner

Hi,

Thankyou for your reply. I did what you said but i am not able to update drivers when downloaded version 15.33.8.64.3345 zip file and unzipped in a folder and opened device manager then browsed through the folders and selected unzipped folder and clicked Next, then it says"Windows have determined that driver software for your device is uptodate"

But when i verified still it has old version 10.18.10.3308

Regards

0 Kudos
kmoha4
Beginner

WiDi is working fine after disabling Windows firewall and Antivirus. However still i cant upgrade graphics drivers with 15.33.8.64.3345. I have contacted ASUS and they will look into the issue but no answer yet.

Regards

Kaleem

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Kaleem

When you browsed to the unzipped folder did you navigate to the Graphics sub-folder and select the igdlh64.inf file?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jlayt1
Beginner

Here is how to do the update.

Download the ZIP file from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81496/Intel-HD-Graphics-4600 Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 4600 (not the .exe)

Create a new folder and extract the zip into the new folder

Go to the device manager and expand display adaptors, then right click to update the driver for HD graphics 4600

Select browse your computer, then 'let me pick', then 'have disk' then browse, then go in the graphics folder in your new folder which you extracted the zip into and select the .inf file.

This will now update your driver.

0 Kudos
aandr28
New Contributor I

Hey mate , you are not alone I have nearly the same problem. I have hp laptop with intel i5 + intel hd 4000. Drivers modified by HP are removed from my pc and installed generic intel drivers version 10.18.10.3958. The intel update tool shows there is newer driver 15.33.30.64.3958 and lets me to download it. Then i unzip the driver folder and hit to install im getting nothing more as 10.18.10.3308 version installed. Even i have cleared the drivers at all and cleaned all software files form the system rebooted pc and then tried to install newer one and again got only 10.18.10.3958 . Seems to be like newer driver pack has older driver inside and im not able to get it updated in any way.

0 Kudos