Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Intel Proset "WiFi Advanced Statistics" does not show wireless channel - Windows 7

idata
Employee

Most of our technicians currently use a Dell Latitude laptop with an Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG wireless network card. The wireless technicians use thier laptops to walk through a building and verify network coverage by monitoring the Intel Pro Set program to verify the wireless is switching to Access Points and channel numbers as they should be. We have since upgraded everyone to Windows 7, and installed the 13.1.1 version of the driver and Intel Pro Set Wireless program on everyone's machine. The technicians are using the WiFi Advanced Statistics program (General tab) which shows info such as AP name, IP address, Db levels, etc... The one peice of information it does not seem to show is Channel Number. Is there any way to get the program to show this, or an easy place to monitor the Wireless Channel on the fly?

4 Replies
Ilene_K_Intel
Employee

@David - Currently the only option is to use logging to capture the channel information. In the Advanced Statistics program, select the Logging tab and Start Logging to capture the information. The log file includes the channel along with other info. Be careful not to run the logging too long as the file can get really big since it automatically records information every 5 seconds. You can change the logging frequency by selecting Settings and selecting 5, 10 or 15 seconds.

Thanks,

Ilenek

Intel Customer Support

idata
Employee

Ilenek,

Thank you for the reply, much appreciated. Is this something that we might possibly see in a future version?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

How do i add more ram to my intel r hd graphic card..?? please write back on my email mailto:daftpunk_69@hotmail.com daftpunk_69@hotmail.com

0 Kudos
Ilene_K_Intel
Employee

You should try the Graphics Forum - /community/tech/graphics http://communities.intel.com/community/tech/graphics. Someone there will know the answer.

Sorry - we just know wireless around here.

Ilenek

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos