Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

w7 virtual wifi miniport 3945ABG

idata
Employee

Hi All

Can anyone indicate the likelyhood (or not) of a driver be produced for the windows 7 virtual wifi miniport functionality on the Intel 3945 ABG platform.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

up

we need virtual wifi on 3945ABG

idata
Employee

I, too, would like to use Win7s Virtual Wi-fi Miniport with my 3945ABG. I believe I have the latest driver, 13.2.1.5 and it evidently does not allow a Virtual Wi-fi Miniport to be created. Anyone had any luck with another driver?

idata
Employee

I'm also desperately waiting for a driver update with Virtual WiFi support.

Please make this happen

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm also desperately waiting for a driver update with Virtual WiFi support.

Please make this happen

idata
Employee

I do not believe that Intel will update the driver of the 3945ABG so that it can be used with a virtual wifi miniport so I am using a work around. I have purchased an inexpensive Trendnet USB "G' adapter which my computer sees as a Realtek RTL8187B802.11b/g Network Adapter. It does work with a virtual wifi minport.

So my work around is to shut down the 3945ABG (my computer has a switch ... if your's does not, you should be able to do it from your device manager) and plug in the USB Adapter, which I then connect to the internet. I then start Connectify.

0 Kudos