Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Configure 6250 WiMAX scan frequencies

idata
Employee

I need to be able to configure what frequencies the 6250 WiMAX card is scanning in my Dell mini 1012. I know what the frequency ranges are, that I need to disable EAP and everything else. I'm just not sure how to go about making the changes. I'm aware that Linux guys have some xml files they can edit to setup their channel plans. Is there something similar on the Windows side?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

Did you have any progress with this?

I just wonder why there is no manual operations built in or at least any configuration files we can modify by hand!

I'm trying to test this with a greenfield wimax operator. Pretty much any other CPE out there has manual connection where you can set the frequency and authentication mode but not Intel!!!

Since I purchased this CPE and no where in the product documentation they mentioned that the operator has to work with Intel to enable the subscriber to connect to their network, intel should release information on how to manually establish the connection.

Regards,

Parham

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I haven't had any luck yet, still trying

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Any chance !??

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Anyone have any luck with this?

After speaking with Intel I was told that to use the Intel software for this wimax card, the provider either has to be partnered with Intel, or the provider has to write their own software to use custom frequencies with the wimax card.

Wondering if anyone ever found or wrote software to do this?

0 Kudos