Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Trouble installing proset wireless software on Windows 7

idata
Employee

Hi. I just reinstallled Windows 7 premium 64 bit on my laptop. I attempted to reinstall the proset software. During the install process, I get a message telling me that the installation is not supported on this operating system version. I have checked several times to make sure that I am downloading the correct program, and I am. Also, before I had to reinstall Windows 7, I had no problem installing the proset software. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

without the model of wifi card , this would be the wireless software (i think) you'll need.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19149&lang=eng

this contains 3 different softwares, Proset software, My Wifi Technology software, My Wireless Display.

make sure you selected the appropriate software to install.

or, you can check with your notebook's website for the verified version of proset.

idata
Employee

Intel® PRO/Wireless and WiFi Link Drivers-Only for Windows 7* | Microsoft Windows 7* 64-Bit Drivers for Intel® WiFi adapters.

have u tried this: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19142&ProdId=3141&lang=eng

the download link (at the final page) is dead.

0 Kudos
Ilene_K_Intel
Employee

David,

This issue should be fixed later today. Due to the Holiday weekend I couldn't post the fix until this morning.

Thanks,

IleneK

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

the driver pack you're trying to download contains the drivers only.

maybe that's why you can't install proset software

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

thx Ilenek, it's working now.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

it was a little Off Topic

cuz i was searching for Drivers-only, no the proset software. thx!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

no problem. but i think the download link is working now.

0 Kudos