Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

problems with wireless AC-7265 windows 10 - Lenovo Connecting to Apple Airport

idata
Employee

I have a Thinkpad T450s with the dual band wireless AC-7265 driver running Windows 10. I've had no problems connecting in the past but just upgraded my home router to an Apple Airport Extreme. My computer can now see the network but cannot authenticate and join the network. I've seen some talk about this being an issue, what can I do to resolve? This is enormously frustrating. My computer is less than a year old.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

JGSMass,

Regarding authentication, the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 meets the latest standard requirements. Now a days, the current authentication method most used is the WPA2 + AES. If you are not using this method, please change the configuration on the router and test it.

Also, could you try to temporarely connect without authentication to see what happens? If you have other devices that can connect with issue, please check the type of authetication

Please let us know as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

JGSMass,

We haven't heard from you in a while. Is there anything else we can do to assist you?

Best Regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I was able to connect but it is still extremely slow.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

JGSMass,

Then in this case, you need to consider any source of interference that might be affecting your speed. Sometimes, certain applications run background processes that use the Internet and this may impact your speed and performance. Please try the following steps below as well as the online solution and let us know if they helped you resolve this situation.

These online solutions may help you improve your experience:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005493.html Quick Checks to Improve or Fix Wireless Connection Issue.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005544.html Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000006042.html Improve your 802.11n Wireless Performance

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000006697.html Data Rate Won't exceed 54 Mbps When WEP ot TKIP Encryption is Configured

Additionally, you can do the following:

1. Check Firewall and Antivirus settings as this may impact the speed.

2. Disable Bluetooth* if not necessary as Bluetooth* and WiFi share the same antennas.

3. Disable Power Saving Functions: Go to Control Panel >> Hardware and Sound >> Power Options >> Set it to High Performance and apply to default settings.

4. Check the Change Plan Settings >> Change Advanced Power Setting >> Wireless Adapter Settings >> Power Saving Mode and make sure both On Battery and Plugged In are set to maximum performance.

5. Go to Device Manager >> Network Adapters >> Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265, right click on it and select Properties.

6. Once you're there, select the tab that says Advanced and locate U-APSD Support and set it to Disabled.

7. Also, set Transmit Power to 5. Highest.

8. Set the Wireless Mode to 802.11 a/b/g and choose the wireless mode according to that of the support mode of your router.

9. Set the Preferred Band to Prefer 2.4GHz band.

10. Set the HT Mode to HT Mode

11. Set the 802.11n Channel Width for 2.4 GHz to limit 20MHz.

12. Set the Roaming Agressiveness to Lowest.

13. Set the Ad Hoc QoS Mode to WMM Disabled.

Best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I made all of these changes and connection is still extremely slow at basic internet browsing.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

JGSMass,

This adapter meets the requirements for the latest standards in the market. Have you tried to contact Apple* and see if there is any configuration that might optimize your experience since you have informed that this situation occurred after you changed your router. For your convenience, here is the link to Apple's support: http://www.apple.com/support/airport Apple Support for AirPort

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Apple told me to contact intel as it was a known issue with the wireless adapter.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

JGSMass,

We have recently released a new driver version for this adapter. For your convenience here is the link to it: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26096/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=83635 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 - package version: 18.40.4. The driver version in the package is the 18.33.3.2

A clean installation may be helpful. Here is how you can do it.

1. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

2. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

3. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

4. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.

Best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

JGSMass,

We haven't heard from you in a while, so we would like to know if the steps we have sent you previously helped you to resolve this situation. Please let us know as soon as you can.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos