Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

AXX6DRV3GR, AXX4DRV3GR and Power Disable Pin P3

GJago
Novice

I'm using some Intel AXX6DRV3GR and AXX4DRV3GR backplanes. Before I buy new HDDs I need to know whether power pin 3 of the AXX6DRV3GR's HDD connectors are connected or not connected. And if they are connected, are they connected to 0 V or to 3.3 V?

I'm asking this because some new HDDs will not power up if P3 is not connected to 0 V.

Power Disable Pin (Pin3) is a new feature in the SATA 3.3 industry standard specification (published in February 2016). And on SAS 3.0, P3 is used to redefine as a POWER DISABLE signal.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

We regret to inform that the Intel AXX6DRV3GR and AXX4DRV3GR is currently in End of Interactive Support (EOIS). This means that Intel no longer provides interactive support for this service via telephone, e-mail, chat, or other tools. Technical articles will continue to be available on the Intel Support website.

Those backplanes do not provide that kind of support associated with Power Disable Pin.

faugub_intel # iwork4intel
0 Kudos