Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Intel HD 530 - The mouse pointer has no shadow when using HDMI -> ugly jagged edges

GGeoT
Novice

Hello,

I've had this problem ever since I built my PC. When I connect my display to my PC via HDMI, the mouse pointer and loading circle (if present) have no shadows and look like crap, with jagged edges. It's a bug and it's really annoying.

Sometimes the shadows would appear for a brief moment and disappear again.. I hope that this can be fixed when a new driver update comes out.

There's no problem if I'm using the DVI port.

20 Replies
SGapu
New Contributor I

I have the same problem. No shadow under mouse pointer and the loading circle is horrible. What's the solution?

0 Kudos
SGapu
New Contributor I

Anyone? Maybe it depends on the monitor? Something that has to do with HDCP?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

There are some customers reporting that with driver version 4463 fixes this issue, please try it out and let me know your findings:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26078/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26078/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-

Allan.
0 Kudos
SGapu
New Contributor I

Hello Allan,

I already installed driver 4463 and it didn't fix anything. I'm using HDMI and the bug is still there.

0 Kudos
GGeoT
Novice

I want to confirm that this doesn't change a thing. I'm with the latest (4463) driver.

0 Kudos
SGapu
New Contributor I

This is embarrassing, this should have been fixed like months ago. Many people have this problem, and it's very easy to replicate. I don't get how they can't fix such a simple thing

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am sorry to hear that driver version 4463 did not fix this problem.

Please fill out the following form and I will update this thread as soon as possible:

/thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

Allan
0 Kudos
SGapu
New Contributor I

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

- No shadow under mouse pointer

- Circle icon is jagged with NO anti-aliasing

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

MSI H110M ECO (motherboard)

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

iGPU only

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

External Flat Panel

Asus VK246H

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

8 GB 2133MHz

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

HDMI cable

<p st...
0 Kudos
SGapu
New Contributor I

If anything is wrong or missing please tell me, thanks. I'm doing my best to help you solve this problem.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you all for reporting this issue. It has been filed internally under case number 01154666. Please keep in mind that this has not been reproduced in our labs, and since it is mainly an aesthetic bug we won't have a fix anytime soon.

Allan.
0 Kudos
SGapu
New Contributor I

OK thanks. If you need more information about my PC, let me know.

Anyway, I think it's very easy to reproduce. Just keep in mind we are using HDMI

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure, thank you for the information.

Allan.
0 Kudos
MBorz
Beginner

I could confirm this mouse pointer issues. I use the Integrated hd 530 connected with HDMI, and there are the same bugs.

Before this i used the intel hd 4600, and there are no issues like this.

I tried all graphic drivers, and installed Windows 8.1 new with all updates. But nothing changes. There must be a bug in the driver in combination with the intel hd 530 graphics (core i7 6700k), that causes the terrible look of the mouse pointer. Changing the Settings in the Mouse Pointer Menu didn't help.

With a Geforce GTX 960 and HDMI all is great, and the Intel HD 4600,too.

0 Kudos
SGapu
New Contributor I

Yes it's a bug, they are working on it.

0 Kudos
КПивн
Beginner

I have the same problem with my Intel Core i3 6100.

In Adobe Photoshop:

Problem goes away when I change refresh rate or some other parameters in Intel HD Graphics Preferences Panel. But after reboot it returns.

As this issue appears only using HDMI connection, I was blaming my motherboard, even gave it to the service with CPU and RAM module, just in case. But that service didn't detect this issue, because it's very specific and small at its appearance.

When I received h/w components from the service I went to the PC retail store asking for help. First we changed my Motherboard ASUS H110M-A to similar one - ASUS H110M-PLUS. Problem still appeared! Then we tried Gigabyte H170-HD3... Problem still was there! I was shocked because I had been sure, that problem with MB.

Then I asked to change CPU - my i3-6100 to i5-6*** (don't remember exactly). Problem was not gone. We also tried to change RAM module and still nothing... We picked nearly a new PC only with my SSD and power supply and problem still was there. So it was not a hardware issue, as I understood.

I also tried 5 different HDMI cables, Win 10 on SSD, Win 7 on HDD, almost all GPU driver versions... Nothing helped.

As noticed by other users, when using DVI there are no problems, everything is perfect.

It's very curious, that this problem appears only with cursors. But when in pointer properties of Win 10 or Win 7, animation is clear:

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

noticed above

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

<strong style="font-style...

0 Kudos
MBorz
Beginner

Same Issue. Now i think it concerns all Skylake iGPU's connected with HDMI. From the beginning of the Release this Driver Issue (?!) exists.

But nothing solved until now.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi all,

Intel will provide updates about this matter here:

Allan.

0 Kudos
КПивн
Beginner

I've tried them all. Any driver versions. Nothing has helped.

Some manipulations help, but just until pc reboot.

Issue is still unsolved, unfortunately.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I understand you still have this issue. Keep checking the link I have previously posted for any updates.

Allan.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello Everyone,

Thank you very much for all your input. I would like to let you know that Intel has replicated this issue, and we have increased its priority now.

Our development team is working on a fix right now (Internal bug ID 1405276113).

As soon as I have an update I'll post it this link

Regards,

0 Kudos