Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

S5000PSL NIC Problems & SRCSASRB RAM Problems

DMiha2
New Contributor I

Hi!

Have here a S5000PSL Motherboard. I installed Windows Server 2008 R2. Have troubles with one Network card (port). Sometimes (after power switch off/on) the nic is not working. Sometimes works with only 100 MBit. The second one works without problems.

If I change the cables, i have also the same problem. I also tried another switch. I have also a secon Server also with S5000PSL, works wthout Problems. On both server I installed the latest Intel driver (chipset, video, lan, . . . .all drivers).

On the first Server also the same Problem with original microsoft drivers.

Is this board broken ???

My second Problem!

Have here 4 srcsasrb controller, one of them shows "only" 128 mb? I think that is my oldest controller.

Is this controller also broken or Intel have build also this controller with only 128mb ???

best regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

It sounds like you've done all the logical troubleshooting on the PSL NIC. Replacement seems the next most likely course.

On the SRCSASRB, what part of it is showing 128MB?

0 Kudos
DMiha2
New Contributor I

Hi!

Bad, bad, how long is Warranty for the PSL Boards? How to become replacement?

SRCSASRB - shows me at the Boot Screen (the other controllers shows 256MB ), also in the Raid Manager this one shows only 128 mb, the other ones show me 256 mb

best regards

0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

It's a three-year warranty on the PSL board. You can replace it through Intel I think, but it's usually way faster to go through whomever you bought it from.

No idea on the SRCSASRB.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I realize this thread is a bit old, but I have the same issue with my SRCSASRB. It shows as only having 128MB. Did you ever find a solution to your issue?

0 Kudos