Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

Color correction changes randomly on GMA 500

idata
Employee

I own an Acer Aspire One 751h, with an Intel GMA 500 graphics chip. I am running Windows XP 32 bit with the latest driver from Intel's site (6.14.11.1018).

I keep the color correction values at the default level. A few times a week when I wake up my computer from sleeping, the values will have changed by themselves. Sometimes the change is minor, sometimes it is very noticeable, usually making the screen seem washed out. When I go to the color correction, the provided graph of the settings usually shows a deviation from the straight line that is the default. I can't hit restore to default right away, it is greyed out. When I change any setting at all, the button becomes active again and I can click it to restore the true defaults.

I run the laptop at different brightness settings (usually high but sometimes lower), different power schemes, and on and off the AC adapter frequently. I don't know if the change is some software attempt to provide a "better" display setting based on my usage, or an actual bug. Regardless, I'm gettting frustrated at having to continually change the color correction back to defaults every time, and it doesn't appear there is any way to make it stay there. If anyone has some insight to the problem or has also experienced this, I would appreciate the feedback.

Nick

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

That is the version that Windows reports under the Device Manager. The link you provided is to the Vista/Windows 7 driver, but I am running XP as I stated earlier. I checked the download center for the driver I am using, and Intel calls it version 3.3.0 on their download site. It is the latest Windows XP 32 bit driver they provide. Here is the link http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3180&DwnldID=18472&lang=eng

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

OK,, so the ACER is an Atom based system. Let me see if I can get an MID expert to take a look at this.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

same thing over here sept intel GMA985 on Vista 32....really sad intel i cant even dump your junk software for something better and more reliable....

fully up-to-date drivers, and can reproduce the problem on ANY computer using Intel software for color correction, WHY????

sure some dummies never touch these options but if you know ANYTHING about these settings you know its based on where YOU use the screen, not how it looked all super bright at the factory......

EPIC FAIL INTEL - or fix it SOON

or just remember everytime someone uses my computer and asks why the color/contrast look like shit i fix it by opening the control panel and clicking APPLY, then explain how much Intel software sucks....