Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

S1200BTL Problem adding PCI parallel port card with re-mappable address on Windows Server 2008 R2.

EMoly
Beginner

Windows didn't recognize the new port, not listed in device manager or prompt for driver. Can anyone tell me if there's a known compatibility issue or suggest troubleshooting?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Elizabeth,

Please let us know the part number for the component you are looking to install on the S1200BTL to confirm compatibility.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Elizabeth,

After checking the specifications for the product you are looking to install, we can confirm we have not tested similar components before in our systems but the connector you should be using for this device is the PCI slot 1. The other slots are PCIe and will not detect the device properly. We also recommend testing a different device on the slot as well to confirm it is working fine. If the issue persists, we can definitely confirm there is a compatibility issue.
0 Kudos
EMoly
Beginner

Hello, yes the device is in PCI slot 1. The PCI slot is definitely working correctly. I have tested the port device in another pc, which also installed incorrectly but I was able to identify it installed as a bridge. I then contacted the manufacturer who assisted the installation on the server. It took several manual installs to finally work. I was concerned I would have additional problems down the road if there were compatibility issues. Thank you for looking into it and responding!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

If that is the case, then you are experiencing a compatibility issue with the device.

0 Kudos