Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

"This computer does not meet the minimum requirement for installing the software."

MInte3
Beginner

I built a PC 2 weeks ago and I'm having trouble with the CPU drivers. When I try to install the drivers, the message in the title pops up. I have no idea how to go about fixing it, and neither did Intel customer support. MSI customer support told me that my only option was to take out the parts on the computer and put them into a different computer to see if they work, one at a time. That would take a lot of time and I don't have another computer that I could do this with. The only reason that I noticed this problem was because it's affecting a game that I play. The game can be put into a window mode so that you can play the game and have other windows next to it so you don't have to keep alt tabbing in and out of the game to message someone on skype or anything like that. When I try to do that, the game freezes and my CPU usage for the game drops to 0%. The only reason I could think of for it doing that is because the drivers aren't working correctly. I went to both MSI's website and Intel for the latest drivers, both websites gave the message in the title when I tried to run the drivers. I don't know if the CPU or motherboard is partially defective and I can't check because like I said, I don't have another computer to check with. If the CPU is defective it's gonna be a PITA to deal with, because it took a month for it to ship here, now if I have to return it it'll probably be another month or longer before I get a new CPU which may not even fix the problem.

PC specs:

z97 gaming 5 motherboard

i7 4790k cpu

gtx 970 asus gpu

16 gb ddr3 corsair vengeance ram

600w psu

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

any suggestions on how to fix this issue would be appreciated

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, bolshy:

What game are you playing?

In the meantime please try to update the Intel® HD Graphics https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25588/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-15-36-28-4332- driver , download the zip version and follow these steps;

1. Login with administrator privileges

2. Open Control Panel

3. Open Device Manager

4. Click on "Display adapters"

5. Double click "Intel HD Graphics"

6. Click on the "Driver" tab

7. Click on "Update Driver" button

8. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"

9. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

10. Click on "Have Disk" button

11. Click "Browse"

12. Navigate to the folder that you unzipped the Intel HD Graphics driver to

13. Navigate to the Graphics sub-folder

14. Double click the igdlh64.inf or igdlh.inf file <-- depends on if you have 32 or 64 bit OS

15. Click "OK"

16. Click "Next", Driver should now be installing.

17. If successful, click "Close", Reboot.

Regards,

0 Kudos
MInte3
Beginner

@ Amy_Intel

I'm playing Maplestory. I tried talking to their customer support but so far they haven't been able to come up with any options. I followed your directions but was stopped at step 5. The only display adapter showing is my graphics card driver. Intel HD Graphics wasn't in there.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Bear in mind that whenever you add a graphics card to the motherboard it will disable the graphics provided by the processor unless you have a feature in the BIOS that can provide you to choose between them. That is the reason why you are not able to see the Intel® HD Graphics 4600 on the device manager when the graphics card is plugged on the motherboard. Try removing the video card and test if the issue still persists.

For further reference http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005580.html?wapkw=laptop+card Multiple Displays Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for Graphics...

0 Kudos