Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Dedicated Video RAM

EMead
Beginner

I have an Intel Core i5-4460S CPU @ 2.90GHz with Intel HD Graphics 4600, I have 8 GB of ram and I'm having issues playing games. I checked the requirements for a certain game I want to play and everything is capable of running it, except for my dedicated video RAM which is 112.5 MB. Is there nothing I can do to increase my video RAM without purchasing new equipment?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

This thread may be of some help:

Doc

0 Kudos
EMead
Beginner

Im having trouble understanding what they're saying. When they say "The amount reported can be modified or disabled if desired by changing the following registry value: 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\GMM, create a REG_DWORD value named "DedicatedSegmentSize"." How can I access this?

EDIT: I found how to get to this page, but what should I set my Video RAM to? I don't want to mess anything up

Also, I created the REG_DWORD and named it DedicatedSegmentSize, now where do I set my Dedicated Video Memory value?

0 Kudos
EMead
Beginner

Since I'm not sure if the previous method will work, how can I change it via BIOS?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

The thread I provided discussed DVM and SVM.

For the DVM, the settings can vary widely between models, and certainly manufacturers.

It is likely that your DVM is already at the max. To determine this, you will have to access your BIOS. If you do not know how to access the BIOS, or where such a setting would be, contact the manufacturer of the MOTHERBOARD or manufacturer of the PC/Laptop for such information.

Doc

0 Kudos