Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2046 Discussions

How to troubleshoot Dell XPS8100 crashing frequently, and the Intel Rapid Storage Tech rebuilds the RAID 1 configuration?

RGado
Beginner

My Dell XPS 8100 system has been crashing frequently, and after the automatic reboot, the Intel Rapid Storage Tech then rebuilds the RAID 1 configuration. The process takes hours to complete, and at the end there are no hard errors with either of the 715gig drives. How do I trouble shoot this to determine if one or both of the storage arrays needs replacement, or if this is a software or application issue?

Dell XPS 8100

Windows 7 Pro - latest service pack and updates

Dual 715gig RAID 1 configured hard drives

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Have you tried the latest Intel® Rapid Storage version 14.8?

Please download SetupRST.zip

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25165/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver

Allan.

0 Kudos
RGado
Beginner

I am currently running Intel RST version 9.5.0.1037. I contacted Dell support and ran the entire system diagnostics. All passed which showed no apparent hardware issue. I also ran check disk on the system disks, and did a re-verify and repair of the Intel RST RAID 1 config. I will need to check with Dell Support to see if the new RAID driver is compatible with my Dell XPS 8100.

0 Kudos