Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

P4 BIOS CONFIG ?

idata
Employee

hi dear everyone

after the some hardware changes in my pc also included my bios battery i tuned on the pc and i having couple of os hang and reboot

then i look inside the pc and i touch the CPU's cooler the thing were maded by metal was too hot i thought it was not normal and took a look to bios

and all the settings at bios are turned to default then i set some basic settings but

i have no idea what sould i do for cpu configuration. motherboard have an award bios and using "P4 2.6 ghz" CPU

and there are some options like that at the bios

CPU speed [Manuel] or [2667]Mhz

CPU Frequency multiple [1x.........]

CPU External Frequancy [100.......]

there was a many options like that but they have two alternative like auto or digits and all of that set to auto because there was written "recommended" by bios

but that options have no auto choice and there was some digits and manuel option instead of this and i dont know what they should set to.

any suggestion or where can i find

for a maximum performance and also safely using without any damage on system so im a poor man i have not so much money to lose

thanks a lot ......

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Mtrcurse

You mention that you done some hardware changes....what hardware changes do you refer to? Why did you do that hardware changes?

What motherboard do you have?

Regards

Span1shUk

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

i have an ASUS P4XP-X mother board i just changed bios battery and connected a another harddrive upon my current one

and thats connected to mother board with an 80 pin IDE cable and both of thats connected with same cable

thats all

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You should be able to load the optimised defaults and that will set things correctly.

If you not changed the CPU, set any setting in the BIOS incorrectly, or accidentally shifted the heat sink. Then the heat that you feel should be the normal heat output from the processor.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

yes it could help but i dont want to resolve this prob with trial and error method

im worry about to give a damage to cpu during this time

and more than i feeling i need to certain some knowledge about that digits meaning

i wondering is there a guide or manuel exist contains recommendation about the bios setting of a P4 2.6 ghz procoessor for efficiently and safely use

thanks for your interest

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The optimised defaults option will set all the BIOS setting to the most suitable setting settings, for efficiency and saftey.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

understood sir

thanks for your helps

0 Kudos