cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great results with X25-E 64Gb in Windows 7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi. I don't want to be contrarian, but I did want to post a positive comment in this discussion group.. People have a habit of only reporting problems, and casual observers may not understand that this reflects that the majority of users are having no troubles.

I installed my x25-e 64Gb a couple of months ago to "celebrate" the RTM of Windows 7 (obtained via Technet subscription). My motherboard is an EVGA nForce 790i Ultra SLI with an Intel QX 9650 overclocked to a conservative 3.6Ghz to minimize heat issues.

I clean installed onto the new drive, it went perfectly the first time, zero issues, fantastic speeds.

Using standard benchmark testing, this drive exceeded its advertised read/write speeds!

For what it's worth, the Windows 7 "Performance Index" score for this drive in my system is 7.4 .

Thank you Intel ! /jim

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Interesting.

With an Intel DP35DP motherboard and an E6850 Core 2 Duo at 3GHz, My X25-E 160GB has a Windows 7 (64bit), disk score of 7.8

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

My guess is he is using IDE mode. A fresh X25-E should get 7.9 using 7/64. Once degraded that might go down to 7.8. Anything lower would imply something is not right.

A fresh X25-M in AHCI mode will get 7.8/ 7.9. A fresh X25-M in IDE mode will get 7.5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I just tried the drive in AHCI and my performance score dropped from 7.4 to 6.9 .

EVGA tells me the AHCI implementation on my motherboard (790i Ultra) is not too swift, so I'm not surprised. I did load the latest JMICRON driver from their website as well..

I'm gonna stick with my 7.4 and be happy for now, unless you have any ideas for me.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I've run an X25-E on a ICH9 mobo and the worst (degraded) score I ever got was 7.8. I'm not sure what you are doing.

Are JMicron drivers on your mobo for the eSATA ports? The SATA ports are 3.0Gb/s and would need Nvidia drivers. I have no experience with SSD's & Nvidia but somehow your drive is being gimped.

I would seriously consider getting a ICH10 board if I had spent that much money on an SSD to end up with that score.