Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

igfxEM module taking up lots of CPU

idata
Employee

About a month ago, I found that I could not lower the brightness on my screen. Looking in the Devices Manager, my computer told me that the driver was broken, but offered not solutions. After looking online, I was directed to an HP program that installed three Intel graphics drivers on my machine. The fix worked but only for 2 weeks. The problem returned so I reinstalled those drivers and the problem was fixed.

Ever since then, there has been an igfxEM module taking up a lot of my CPU. It is slowing down my browsers and other programs on my computer. Could anyone tell me how to solve this or whether this has anything to do with the drivers I installed.

I'm running Windows 10 November 2015 Update x64, with Intel Celeron CPU N28 @2.16Ghz, and 4 GB of RAM

Below I've attached two pictures, the first being one of the task manager with the high CPU usage and the second of the driver installed on my machine:

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

I would recommend updating to the latest video drivers, there is an updated driver you might want to try: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25977/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-33-?v=t https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25977/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-33-?v=t

Please let me know your findings.

Allan.
0 Kudos
AJayy
Beginner

Hi.

I have the same issue - igfxEM module is using up too much CPU processig power continuously. It slows my PC right down.

I have a Dell laptop running Windows 8 and using the following processor:

Intel Core i7-5500U CPU @ 2.4GHz

with 8 GB RAM

64 Bit operating system

Which driver update would you recommend?

Thank you.

Akh

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Were you able to load graphics drivers version 4539?

Allan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Were you able to run the latest video drivers?

Allan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, I was. Sorry for the late reply. I was having trouble logging into this account.

Thanks, again for your help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

No problem, thank you for your feedback.

Allan.
0 Kudos