Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Asus ZenBook UX301L Iris Graphics 5100 driver crash under Windows 10

idata
Employee

Hi,

My Asus ZenBook UX301L with Intel Core i7-4558U processor crash regularily since I installed Windows 10 one year before :

1) I have Blue Screens of Death (BSOD) with differents reasons

2) the screen freeze for a short time periods or definitly

3) frequently after near 10 seconds freeze, Windows notify me he restarted the display driver.

4) When the computer is in Sleep mode, pressing the ON button seems to start windows back but the screen remains black (Remark the graphic card is configured in BIOS with 128Mo of shared RAM).

Asus Suggest to use old drivers but this didn't solve the problem for this model.

Since one year, I downloaded the new drivers on intel.com quite fast after their publication (also trying different old versions).

The last version 15.40.25.4463 reintroduced blue screens (the previous one 15.33.43.4425 didn't. Wakeup from sleep mode also worked nice. But the freezes was very frequent).

It would be very nice if you can check and solve graphic driver compatibility problems on Asus ZenBook UX301L?

Does anybody have a trick to make Iris Graphics 5100 driver to work on my or similar computer ?

Thanks,

Renaud

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

PS : I installed Windows 10 Enterprise edition in English without blocking any Windows Update and have recently installed anniversary version via Windows Update.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Renaud.Bancel,

You are getting graphics issues with Iris HD 5100 on Asus ZenBook UX301L laptop. Intel has available generic drivers but it is recommended to use tested drivers by system manufacturers; they usually customize our drivers.

Now, I reviewed Asus website and they provide this computer model with Windows 10 Pro and Home, the Enterprise option is not available so the BIOS and board drivers are not prepared for it.

Please fill out our sticky note and send me the results of Intel® System Support Utility. I would try to help you.

Default level information for reporting Graphics issues

https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Renaud.Bancel,

I am following up on your case. Let me know if you still need assistance.

Mike C

0 Kudos