Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

Do all 6th generation CPUs use VRM Spread Spectrum on the motherboard?

ssote
New Contributor II

Do all 6th generation CPUs use VRM Spread Spectrum on the motherboard? Just wondering if all motherboards use this specification and what generations do?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

I am currently researching on this issue. As soon as I can, I will send you a message with my findings. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Allan.
0 Kudos
ssote
New Contributor II

I have not seen the message, where do you send it?

I also have another question what causes the 6 generation CPU core voltage to float up and down a little?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I just received the following information: 6th Generation CPU supports Spread Spectrum but VRM Spread Spectrum is motherboard BIOS option and not CPU option.

I am still waiting for a confirmation to see if the processor integrates VRM Spread Spectrum so there will be no need to enable this through bios settings.

Allan.
0 Kudos
ssote
New Contributor II

Intel Corporation wrote:

I just received the following information: 6th Generation CPU supports Spread Spectrum but VRM Spread Spectrum is motherboard BIOS option and not CPU option.

I am still waiting for a confirmation to see if the processor integrates VRM Spread Spectrum so there will be no need to enable this through bios settings.

Allan.

OK that sounds good we at overclockers.com would like to know if there is no need to enable VRM Spread Spectrum? Also could you find out I what causes the 6 generation CPU core voltage to float up and down a little?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have forwarded this question to the appropriate department.

Allan.
0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel
Community Manager

Hi wingman99,

This is more of a development question than a product question. Would you mind letting me know if you are developing a new product, designing a motherboard or some other project type?

I would like to try to address your question appropriately.

Thanks,

Ronny G

0 Kudos