Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14399 Discussions

Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility dose not support i5 3317U

idata
Employee

- i download last version but i can't configuration CPU and apply GPU (click apply = disable restore default)

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Why do you think you can over clock an i7-3317U processor? That is an ultra-low TDP (17 Watts!) mobile processor, not a 'K' type that has an unlocked multiplier.

Your processor cannot be overclocked at all, and its design and purpose is to use as little power as possible, the exact opposite of what over clocking does to a processor.

IXTU does not support it because it is not meant to be overclocked, the processor itself does not support any changes to the multiplier or BCLK. No version of IXTU will ever be able to overclock it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

thanks

i try overlcock GPU not CPU

0 Kudos
Pranava_A_Intel
Employee

Parsec is correct! Your processor does not support overclocking any of the CPU controls which is why the utility can read values but wont' allow changes to them. Are you able to tune your GPU?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

how to tune my GPU on 3317U?

i try XTU is not working.

Please help me!

350Mhz run webgame is lag, 650Mhz is good

0 Kudos
Pranava_A_Intel
Employee

It appears that your overclocking capability is completely locked by the manufacturer for both the CPU and GPU. With the latest version of XTU (v3.2), there is an issue wherein graphics functionality is exposed visually on systems with overclockable integrated graphics even when that ability has been locked. In this case, any changes that would be attempted to a graphics control will not make it through. The issue is fixed and these controls will not be made available in this scenario. The fix is integrated with our next release of the product.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

- tks for you as answer me!

- i wait for new version of XTU.

Good luck to you!

0 Kudos