Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

HD4000 not working after waking PC from sleep

idata
Employee

Ci5-3570k, ASRock Extreme4, Windows 7 Professional x64.

Main display on a GeForce, Secondary display on the HD4000.

The computer goes to sleep alright, but after wake the secondary screen stays offline.

I have to go to system settings>system, disable the HD4000, enable it and it works again.

Quite annoying, same behavior with various drivers, currently running 9.18.10.3071, and on an unrelated sidenote, the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel could at least show the driver version

So any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Lucid Virtu should work in two modes, i-Mode and d-Mode, in which the display should be connected either to the port integrated in the motherboard (i-mode) or in the discrete card (d-mode). The configuration should not be done as using one display in each of the video controllers, only one should be used

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am an CG artist and have used 2 Displays on 2 separate cards for years now.

After getting the i5 i decided the HD4000 was strong enough to fuel my secondary screen - and so far it's doing a great job, besides not waking up from sleep.

Thanks for your answer, but not using the HD4000, or only connecting one screen is not really a solution.

I already contacted Intel directly, maybe they can help. Can only be a problem with their driver, ASRock's drivers or a simple impossibility due to Lucid.

I'll see and report back.

0 Kudos