Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7438 Discussions

Intel AC 7265 8 clients max with Hostednetwork.

AN7
Beginner

Hello,

I have laptop Thinkpad with Intel ac 7265. We use hostednetwork for connect barcode scanner on our software (between 12 and 30).

It work fine on multiple other laptop.

But on this Thinkpad only 8 clients can connect.

The wireless card is limited ?

The OS have the default parameters to 100.

I think that is the same problem :

Edit: i have found a laptop with an Intel 7260, i have exactly the same problems, only 8 clients can connect simultaneously.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello ArnaudN

Was this wireless card installed after you bought this computer?

0 Kudos
AN7
Beginner

Hello,

No the card is the original card of the laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 12).

I have updated the drivers with lenovo drivers and intel drivers, same problem.

0 Kudos
AN7
Beginner

Any news ?

The problem is with the drivers or the card, if i plug an usb wireless card (TPlink chipset realtek) all is ok, i can connect more than 8 client.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello ArnaudN,

About your specific question on hosted network. It turns out to be that the Wi-Fi Direct specification which is the actual method used to create the hosted network only requires one connection. More than that is optional and determined by the manufacturer. In this case, Intel has a limit of 8 connections and this limit could change in the future. We will provide your important feedback on this matter to our engineering department.

0 Kudos
AN7
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

It confirm that it's a voluntary limitation of Intel.

How i can change this ? regsitry settings ? rewrite inf file ?

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello ArnaudN,

As we have informed you previously, we have escalated your feedback to our engineering department. At this point, we don't have an estimated time for response.

0 Kudos