Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

How to reset the superuser password for RMM2.

AAlex56
Beginner

"Slight" problem. We lost the superuser password for one of our RMM2. I cannot find any procedure in any of the available documents, on how to reset the admin superuser password for this above module. Unfortunately no other users are defined on the RMM2.

Question: how to reset the superuser password on the RMM2? The server is physically accessible.

No jumpers on the RMM2

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

There is no option to reset the password since the password is on the bios of the board. What you can try is overwriting the password directly in bios and then try to connect remotely again. This is the information we have since this is a very old product and it already reached its end of interactive support.

0 Kudos
AAlex56
Beginner

The problem is that RMM2 module purchased separately. After we set it to the motherboard intel S5000PAL in the BIOS does not appear additional menu items. How to reset RMM2 device password via the BIOS?

We try to use a Device setup manager to adjust the setup RMM2.

0 Kudos
AAlex56
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

like previously said. What you can try is overwriting the password directly in bios meaning that just add the new one and should overwrite it and then try to connect remotely again. This is the information we have since this is a very old product and it already reached its end of interactive support.

0 Kudos
AAlex56
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Alexey,

The previous thread explained how to use KiraTool to reset the RMM2 password. Here you have the syntax and the links for the user guide/download page of the tool:

Defaults command:

The defaults command will reset the device to factory defaults.

Note 1: This operation will also reset the administrative password, so the following KiraTool command needs to use the default password.

Note2 : The default login is "admin" for the administrator user name and "password" for the administrator password.

Syntax:

C:\Program Files\KiraTool>kiratool –l 192.168.2.6 –a -u admin –p password defaults

User guide link: http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/sb/e27084_001_intel_rmm2_user_guide.pdf

Download link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19523/Intel-R-Remote-Management-Module-2-Kiratool-Utility

Regards,

Fernando M.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Alexey,

We are just wondering if you were able to reset the RMM2.

0 Kudos
DPote
Beginner

Hello,

I have the same problem - lost admin password.

Try your advice (C:\Program Files\KiraTool>kiratool –l 192.168.2.6 –a -u admin –p password defaults )

got: Could not reset device to factory settings: Could not connect to the device

psetup found RMM2 and shows me it's DHCP IP

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Let me see what I can do. I am not sure if I still have the same hardware to provide further assistance but let me see what I can do first.

I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Dave A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Poteh,

I was unable to replicate this issue. As mentioned earlier. Intel discontinued this product a while ago and I have limited resources to provide further feedback. I would like to apologize for this inconvenience.

Dave A.
0 Kudos