Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Realsense F200 Unstable. Unable to keep it working on current drivers

jbrew2
Beginner

Recently Acquired an F200 to start looking at a little development and Windows Hello. Its involved three days of headaches and pain so far.

I have an Asus Rampage IV Black and an i7-4820K, running 64GB of RAM and Windows 10, Pro Build 10565 on the insider program. The F200 is plugged directly into a motherboard USB3.0 port, although I have tried it as the sole device in a USB3.0 hub to see if the problem was power related, but no bananas.

Basically, If I strip the DCM, SDK and uninstall the drivers, disconnect and reboot, I can get it to come back up and if I catch it before it automatically grabs the latest drivers from online, I can get about 5-6 seconds of stability, before the f200 seems to hang, the device disconnects with a USB unplugged alert, the camera lights go and then it all comes back and starts up. It won't respond, but its there in Device manager again. If I reboot DCM, I might be able to get a picture out of it but the 'Depth' stuff never seems to work again, unless I reboot. Then I can get a few seconds of use, before it will tank and we start the dance again.

I've tried 2-3 different driver versions, but not had much consistent luck with any of them. Currently Depth has the 1.4.27.52404 driver, from 15/10/2015. RGB is the Microsoft 10.0.1.10565.0, dated 21/06/2006 and the virtual driver is coming up as Intel 22.23.0.153, dated 18/06/2015.

I've only installed the 'release' 1.4.27.41944, but the newer drivers seem to be getting pushed down to Windows Insiders on the Fast ring.

I just want to get this working so I can test/vet Hello for a customer...

-JB

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi hardcoreprawn,

In regards to the issue with Intel® RealSense™ 3D Camera (F200) please perform a test using a USB 3.0 from the back panel of your Asus board.

If problem continues, uninstall the current driver, the SDK, disconnect the internet and restart the computer. Then, install the driver, SDK and finally enable Internet.

I suggest you to test the camera with any other computer.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
jbrew2
Beginner

I have tried this numerous times, but always on the internet.

I don't have another computer with USB3.0 handy. Have you seen issues with this USB controller? I had noticed someone else with this issue having a similar age Asus board, which would likely use the same add-in controller.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi hardcoreprawn,

Depending on how ASUS built the computer then the amount of voltage each USB 3.0 port will be able to provide. There is a chance the USB 3.0 ports are not being able to provide enough power to the camera; that is the reason why we recommend testing the camera on different system if possible.

I verified Asus motherboard support and they released a BIOS version update (Version 0603). This version enhances compatibility with some USB device.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_IV_BLACK_EDITION/HelpDesk_Download/ RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION | Motherboards | ASUS Global

Update BIOS and motherboard drivers according to your operating system and try again with our Intel® RealSense Camera.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
jbrew2
Beginner

I'm running 0701 BIOS. There is an 0708, but its 'Beta' and only flagged for adding 16GB IM Memory modules.

I've updated my MEI drivers and other Mobo drivers.. I've been a Windows Insider for over a year and completely forget to check the Asus site for drivers in the last 6 months or so; they're all up to date now.

I've been testing just keeping the RGB camera on for prolonged periods; I can't do this from a 'normal' USB 3.0 port on this board; I've tried all four of the back plate ports and they all disconnect after a bit. I've got a Dell Monitor with a USB3 Hub that has a phone charging port, so moved to using this and I can now use the RGB in Skype without any drops, so it seems its power related. I guess a power option for the final version might be a good idea if the draw is that close to the line.

I'm just stripping the SDK, so I can reinstall the DCM (this is frustrating in terms of installation!) as the SDK seems to update the DCM driver version at some point...

Maybe I can actually get Hello working soon...

0 Kudos
jbrew2
Beginner

So, done the above, checked versions and reinstalled. I've got the RGB camera stable, but I can't seem to rollback the Depth component to the MS driver, just the Intel V1.4.27.52404 and the preceding 1.4.27.48405. If I just use the camera (which has a nice capture rate, but doesn't seem anywhere near as clear as my Logitech camera for normal RGB) its fine, and I can use it, but trying any of the SDK demo's instantly causes the RGB to 'disconnect' and then reconnect, with the accompanying USB noises.

-JB

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi hardcoreprawn,

Thank you for your troubleshooting and findings.

Intel® Realsense™ is a new technology and we are still working on it. Could you please post the last thread at Intel® RealSense™ SDK forum? Our engineers are following the threads on daily base.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
Jorge_I_Intel
Employee

Hi James,

Are you still having issues?

J

0 Kudos