Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

NEED HELP ABOUT INTEL RAPID STORAGE TECHNOLOGY

GPSG
Beginner

I've got an Alienware 17-R5 laptop which i bought with ssd 60gb. Everything was fine until a couple of days ago when just like that it got disabled. When i power on the laptop on the screen where it shows some info about your ssd and your hard drive it says RAID VOLUMES:

ID NAME LEVEL STRIP SIZE STATUS BOOTABLE

0 DEV_CACHE RAID0( CACHE) 128KB 59.6GB DISABLED NO

And then it shows the physical devices. When the laptop loads all the programs, i open the intel rapid storage technology application, on the Status tab it says "Current status: your system is functioning normally, but further down where performance is, it says "The accelerated disk or volume associated with the cache device is inaccessible, and the overall performance is no longer optimized. Please reconnect the accelerated disk or volume, or click Accelerate for more troubleshooting options"( btw it takes longer for the laptop to power on now). Now when you go to the performance tab it says Intel smart response technology: "The accelerated disk or volume associated with the cache device is inaccessible, and the overall performance is no longer optimized. Please power off your computer, and then reconnect the accelerated disk or volume. If the device cannot be reconnected, disassociate the cache by removing the logical connection with the missing accelerated disk or volume".

Under this Acceleration Configuration:

Accelerated device:Inaccessible

Acceleration mode: Enhanced

SSD Configuration: SSD on port 5: Normal

Usage: Cache device

and the serial number

And then says the volume,status,type,usage and size of the sata array. So what do i have to do to enable again the ssd and gain the performance of the laptop back up.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
0 Replies