Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

HD P4600 Rebooting

IJohn3
Beginner

I have just assembled a Supermicro C226 board with an E3-1275v3 and absolutely everything works perfectly... as long as I don't install the P4600 drivers. I used both the manufacturer supplied driver and the latest download from Intel. As soon as the system boots to the desktop, it restarts- infinitely. If I delete the driver and set the display to the standard VGA at 1920X1080, everything works great. Could this be a CPU issue or something else entirely?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello zazou,

I am sorry you are having this problem but let me help you.

Note that the reason why you can be having this issue is that our drivers are for desktop systems. The HD P4600 is the graphics controller for Server systems but the driver is provided by the Computer Manufacture only.

My best recommendation is to contact Supermicro for them to give you the specific driver for your system.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
IJohn3
Beginner

Thanks, but you'll note that in my initial description of the issue I stated, "I used both the manufacturer supplied driver and the latest download from Intel." Only after attempting to diagnose the issue with the manufacturer's driver did I attempt to install Intel's latest HD Graphics driver. The Intel drivers installed without issue but resulted in the same outcome.

The driver I downloaded from Intel were the following: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23700 Intel® Download Center

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello zazou,

Let me verify some information and I will be back soon with more updates.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I am sorry for the delay. I am still checking information from my side. I will be back with more updates.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ zazou, what operating system are you using on the system?

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos