Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14526 Discussions

How to run the Intel Thermal Test Vehicle for LGA2011 (SandyBridge EP)

YChi3
Beginner

Hi:

My company recently obtained some Intel Thermal Test Vehicle (TTV) with the burning software (Windows PTU for XEON SNB_IVB-Rev2.6_Setup) from Intel, and I should be able to generate some thermal result with these.

But when I put the TTV on the motherboard (SuperMicro X9DT-HF) socket 1, and the socket 0 is the original processor (Intel E5-2620), in the PTU software only shows the CPU but no TTV. Is that a motherboard capability issue here or I miss something such as driver for the TTV?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the Processor community.

I am currently researching on this issue. As soon as I can, I will send you a message with my findings. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Allan.

0 Kudos
YChi3
Beginner

Thanks for the respond, I just tried a slightly updated version (bios updated) version of SuperMicro motherboard, and it still not working.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the update.

Allan.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for your patience.

I have been checking this information with our engineering team. At this stage, please address this matter at Intel® Embedded Design Center (Intel® EDC) Support.

https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/intelligent-systems/embedded-design-center-contact-us.html Intel® Embedded Design Center Contact and Support

Allan.

0 Kudos