Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Can't adjust screen brightness after Windows 8.1 downloaded

CFian
Beginner

I have a Lenovo Ideapad P500 Touch. It has the Intel Graphics 4000 w/ driver version 10.18.10.3621 which says is the latest driver. All worked fine when I had Windows 8.0. Once 8.1 downloaded, I cannot adjust the brightness at all. It indicates that the brightest setting is chosen but the screen is too dark and will not adjust. Help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Chip

Are you attempting to adjust the brightness with the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel?

You can access it by right clicking on your desktop and clicking "Graphics Properties". The click the "Display" tile, and then the "Color Settings" tab. From there you can adjust the Brightness slider. Let me know if it works.

Thanks

Robert

JHern27
Beginner

I am having the same issue on a Lenovo Thinkpad W540 running Windows 8.1. I updated the Intel HD Graphics 4600 driver to the latest on the site (10.18.14.4080) and still no luck. Going through Charms -> Settings -> Brightness doesn't work nor does the hardware brightness buttons. I am however able to adjust it using the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel.

0 Kudos