Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

HD 4600 HDMI audio problem | Intel Communities. It disappears from playback devices one only a computer restart brings it back

RScot4
Novice

HI. I got a new system with this graphics card and gygabyte motherboard.. My problem is explained by user ThinkSta in the forum link below.

/thread/46737?forceNoRedirect=true https://communities.intel.com/thread/46737?forceNoRedirect=true

I Have updated the Intel 4600 driver to the current 2014 version but still this problem persists. Can anyone one tell me how to solve this as it is annoying to restart the Computer ever time I switch to my TV then back to the computer again. Thanks.

Rudolph.

11 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Rudolph, this issue was reported to our engineers. You would be able to get additional information about this on this thread.

This situation is still under investigation. /message/218663# 218663 https://communities.intel.com/message/218663

0 Kudos
RScot4
Novice

II have already updated the Inter driver to the latest one but still the problem persists. I will try and update the BIOS. Also another member has suggested using a HDMI switch which I have ordered from Amazon and will try if the BIOS update does not work. I find this very very annoying!!!

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Please let me know how it goes once you receive the HDMI switch.

0 Kudos
RScot4
Novice

HHi. I tried the HDMI switch and this solves the problem. It costs £10 though so I not happy I had to buy something to solve this.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for replying back to me with the results. I am sorry to continue bothering you, but would you please share with us the model number of the HDMI switch you purchased so we can provide this information to other users.

If you can attach a picture would be very helpful for us.

In addition, I would like to apologize for the all the inconvenience you have faced.

0 Kudos
RScot4
Novice

Hi Sylvia. The information regarding the switch is at the following Amazon link - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00204IE20 Duronic 3 Port HDMI Auto Switch Box plus Remote - 3x1: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

I really appreciate the information, RudolphScott.

0 Kudos
RCork1
Beginner

I have the exact same issue. the problem is about 2 or 3 versions ago of your intel driver it worked without rebooting now it doesn't

I can verify this. please check this.

my specs dell 8700 and previously a dell 8500 both had same issues after updating the driver in the past 6 months. dell's answer was by an active display port adapter they said it could never work being in electronics for more then 30 years i chuckled at them well ain't that funny it was working no issues before.

specs are i7 16 gigs of ram on board intel 4600 and using a nvidia 660 for other 2 monitors

0 Kudos
RCork1
Beginner

So I take it there is NO update or patch or release for this bug?

0 Kudos
RCork1
Beginner

no matter I have no audio at all out the 4600 HDMI port now. video only. I've uninstalled and then reinstalled the video driver (after rebooting of course) and no change.

welcome to intel junk.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Rcorkum,

Could you please attach the DX Diag report from your system? (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information).

We would strongly recommend customers to install the graphics drivers from the Dell support site, since we provided generic drivers; and sometimes these cannot be installed on other systems or the installation of them could overwrite their customizations and possibly change the functionality of the graphics.

You can also try installing the drivers following these steps.

1. Download the Intel and NVidia graphics drivers from the Dell support site.

2. Uninstall the NVidia graphics drivers using Device Manager and check the "Delete the driver software for this device" box

3. Next uninstall the Intel HD Graphics driver using Device Manager and check the "Delete the driver software for this device" box.

4. After rebooting, run the Intel HD Graphics driver installer, reboot when completed.

5. Next install the NVidia graphics driver, reboot when completed.

6. Test the system.

Thanks

Silvia L

0 Kudos