Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7445 Discussions

Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 device cannot start. (Code 10)

NSing16
Beginner

Hi,

I am having a dell Inspiron 3521 laptop with "Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230". Recently i upgraded the os to windows 10 1511 i.e. latest one, but regretfully this device is not working in this windows. It's continously showing the above error in the properties of the above device driver after the upgrade finished.

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}

The requested operation was unsuccessful.

I have made all the attempts to reinstall, delete & upgrade the drivers using the intel generic drivers for windows 8.1, since there are no specific drivers for this device on windows 10. But the situation is still the same.

Please help me asap...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

NSingla,

The error Code 10 is generated in Device Manger when the situation informed above occurs or when Device Manager has isuficient information to recognize error caused by a device driver.

The drivers for the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 is provided by Windows®10 own inbox driver and as you may know, the drivers found in our Download Center are generic and is Windows® 8.1 compliant. We recommend that you contact your http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support first in order to obtain the latest drivers and check with their support if they have any solution to this issue and if the issue still persists after you tried the drivers from your computer manufacturer, as a second option, you can do the following procedure regarding Error Code 10, you can do the following:

1. Download and save:

1. Go to Control Panel >> System >> Device Manager. Once you there, Open Wireless Adapters >> Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 and right click on it and select Uninstall then you can either select Action Menu and click Scan for Hardware Changes to let Windows* search and install drivers. Remember to always try the manufacturer drivers first.

2. Check if BIOS also has the latestf firmware, if not search for updates.

3. Reboot the computer and scan again and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

4. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.