Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Wireless-AC 3160 can only see connected network?

LHamm
Novice

I have a Dell Vostro with an AC 3160. When I am not connected to a wireless network, I can see the available networks. If I connect to one, the other networks disappear and I can only see the one I'm connected to. If I disconnect, I can again see all available networks. Is this normal?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Lew5240,

What operating system are you using?

Other than this issue, is your wireless adapter showing any unexpected behavior?

Is this Wireless Adapter the original one installed by factory?

0 Kudos
LHamm
Novice

I'm running Windows 7. It's a Dell laptop. It's the adapter that came with it and the drivers came from the Dell website. On my other computers, I can see the network I'm connected to and other available networks. Not a big deal but I was wondering how to make it show all the networks if possible. The adapter is working properly otherwise.

0 Kudos
LHamm
Novice

After several Windows Updates, new drivers, uninstall/reinstalls, and a new router, it's working like it should. Don't know which change did it.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

lew5240,

We are glad to know that it is working now. Let us know if you need any assistance from us.

0 Kudos