Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

intel hd graphics 520 - firefox white screen

MRich7
Beginner

Hello Community,

Hello Intel,

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Laptop (Intel Core i5 6th Generation) and a problem with my Intel HD graphics 520.

The newest Driver 20.19.15.4326 (Beta) is installed.

Sometimes, when I open Firefox 43.0, i have a white screen or particular sites are white.(show the attachment)

When i put the mouse pointer about the sites or leave Firefox in background and take Firefox to foreground, the screen is ok, but it occur again and again....

Have other people the same error?

Please help! Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bryce__Intel
Employee

This thread is duplicate of which is getting more attention, so I'm locking this one. Please refer to the other thread for updates.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

I also have either that issue or black pixels in pulldown menues with HD 5500

I think it's a bug in Firefox as i have that also sometimes with an AMD APU

0 Kudos
MRich7
Beginner

But when I disable the Hardware Acceleration in Firefox I didn't yet the issue.

I think it is a Problem with the Intel Driver....!?

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello all,

This behavior has been escalated to our engineering team and we are just waiting for any update on this matter. I still do not have an estimate time of resolution. Fixes and known issues are posted on the driver release notes.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MRich7
Beginner

Hello,

thanks for your answer.

My short feedback:

I have installed the new Intel Driver 15.40.14.4352 and the problem occur again....

I hope you find an soon an resolution.

Thank you and Regards,

sukramr84

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Hi all,

I've progressed this bug through replication, debug, and it is currently assigned to a Developer and being further investigated. We've gone down a couple paths for root cause that haven't proved correct, we're still narrowing and once found we'll assess feasibility for fix or workaround pending if it's our issue or not. I appreciate your patience and I'll report back once I get more news. Thanks for your help making Intel products better.

0 Kudos
FScho1
Beginner

I have an equal bug - causing the GPU to hang with the Linux 530 driver as well with the Windows 530 driver (start OpenGL and... Bam!). I think it's a hardware bug. See the discussion at the end of the latest beta driver thread.

0 Kudos
PSchl1
Beginner

I'm having exactly the same issue. (On a Dell XPS 13 HD 520.)

Is there any news here?

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Hi sukramr84

How often does this occur? It's been very difficult to reproduce here, wanting to know if there's something we're missing or something in your setup making it occur more often for you.

Please fill out the sticky info found /thread/77761 here so we can better compare. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

This thread is duplicate of which is getting more attention, so I'm locking this one. Please refer to the other thread for updates.

0 Kudos