Items with no label
3335 Discussions

How do I use QT to get GSP information and compass information

聪马1
Beginner

Hi

I want to get GPS information and compass information with QT to provide navigation for the car.What should I do?

Thank you

0 Kudos
7 Replies
聪马1
Beginner

I'm using Intel Euclid

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

You can access the Euclid's sensors using the list of commands in this link.

This guide for using a camera with Qt may be useful to you.

https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtmultimedia-multimediawidgets-camera-example.html Camera Example | Qt Multimedia 5.9

0 Kudos
聪马1
Beginner

Hi MartyG

Thank you for your reply.I use your first link, the command can run and see the effect.But I see you second links, still do not know how to use QT to get GPS information,Multimedia is a media module,This module describes the operation of video,I didn't see the function of sensor data in this module.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

There is not enough information about QT's use with RealSense to be able to give a definite answer about how you would interface the GPS of Euclid with QT Creator. So I do not know if it is even possible. Other people have asked in the past about ways to interface their own GUIs with Euclid and been told that it cannot be done.

At the moment, the only way you are likely to be able to interface with the GPS is to run its activation instruction via an Ubuntu terminal window.

sudo /etc/init.d/cg2100_control.sh start

0 Kudos
聪马1
Beginner

Hi MartyG

Thank you for your reply.That's a touchy issue.This problem requires Intel to provide an official API interface.Now I can only try running terminal with QT, and then processing terminal data.But still hope that Intel can provide the api interface as soon as possible。

0 Kudos
Meitav_K_Intel
Employee

Hi,

We've added the request for a ROS node for GPS to our development backlog.

We'll keep you posted as soon as there's an update on that.

Regards,

Meitav

Intel Euclid Development Team

0 Kudos
聪马1
Beginner

Hi Meitav

I'm looking forward to this update very much.

0 Kudos